Discussion in 'My Journey Discussions' started by WebMinati, Nov 11, 2017.
Goodluck, OP Following your journey!
Any update @WebMinati ?
You sold the site, right? And after that you tried to help the buyer with the medic update. How that is going
Bought back the site for 100k less from him (he had the site for 2 months), Fixing the site right now. It got fixed in October (Recovered almost 125%) But lost traffic again in Nov.
That's why i am not updating this thread. Coz i am not sure what i am doing right or what i am doing wrong right now.
If i fix the site to 100% traffic then i will post how i did it and all the story.
GOOD THING is that i have a few sites which got pushed up during these updates. So don't keep all your eggs in 1 basket is so true
...Even if you have Million monthly traffic built on whitehat strategies
I discovered that 5 huge sites got affected. From 5 Million traffic on Ahrefs to 50k and so on.
https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/v2/subdomains/live?target=www.supplementcritique.com (300k to 50k on ahrefs)
https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/v2/subdomains/live?target=supplementpolice.com (well this site is the worst supplement site i know but it used to get awesome traffic)
https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/v2/subdomains/live?target=www.consumerhealthdigest.com ( 1.5M to 300k)
Thanks for the prompt reply. Was the buyer mad that he lost money? I always wonder what happens in these cases.
Im experiencing the exact same thing by the way, recovered all the traffic in October and from the 20-25 November started losing traffic, not very sure why. If you want we can share experiences via PM (30k monthly clicks right now).
Very interesting insights on that sites, gonna take a look
Man I don't get it how these supplement sites are making money, I got one in that niche getting ~2000-3000 visitors a month and it makes like 10-20$ with Amazon affiliate.
Tried bodybuilding affiliate, no change.
Do I seriously need 20000-30000 visitors to even make 200$ in this niche? God damn.
Not at all.
I usually make good money with my supplement niche with minimal traffic.
You can pm me your site. I can have a look if you want
The conversion seems to be quite low for you.
May be people who visit your site are just looking for info on the supplements.
For me also the conversion is not great but its not that bad.
Also amazon and bb.com commissions are quite low, may be you need to look for better offers.
What countries are your sales coming from? Is that the supplement niche?
Are you targetting buyer keywords?
My normal conversion rate in supplements niche was 1-1.5% which is still not the best.
I see you already have the traffic, so if you do CRO, you will do a lot better.
I had very similar CR, but after working on it for a few weeks I was able to convert 4x visitors.
Sorry for the offtopic, just trying to help.
Use another affiliate site or network and not amazon you can absolutely kill it with supplements running offers from affiliate networks.
Im also applying for that network but the 40% comission offer isnt completely related to the type of articles im getting traffic from
What network is that in your screenshot?
Had a quick question. I was trying to build "no follow' links
Can I use cheaper links for this ?
Nice, journey man! Definitely gonna watch this thread.
Read a good portion of this,and similar threads yesterday. Inspired me to start my own Adsense website. Thanks a bunch dude.
Great that you are motivated man! But careful, he is not making money with Adsense, he is doing it with affiliate links.
Very educating thread. Long one, but I guess I'll go through it. Heads up.
Thought I would add few more questions that should be beneficial to anyone here:
1) Do you use cheaper links for your 'no follow' links ?
2) How many links are good enough for parasite web 2.0's . The reason I am asking is that I usually do 1 round of diversity and pbn
(if months later most of these are still alive, do you usually do more tier 2 links on them ?)
3) What percentage of links out of the total links you have are built towards the homepage ?
4) How do you treat links built on your homepage vs inner page ? what is the difference in the link strategy ?
5) Also wanted to ask. The Guest posts you don't buy them from BHW right. You get them somewhere else ?
You can use cheaper links like blog comments, quora and forums.
I add Wikipedia, wikia, press release links wheneverI can as well
IIdo Affiliate stuff
1) answered above.
2) if I build an 1 page web2.0, I usually just point cheap gsa and stuff. If it's 5-10 page web2.0 then I usually go for better pbns. Web2.0 + pbns pushes rankings af. I make links to my main web2.0s over time
3) Depends. Niche website will get 30% links on the homepage and authority site will get 70% links on the homepage. With active link building
4) I try to keep it natural like the #1 site in my niche...
Comes with experience imo.
5) Bhw guest posts are Fiverr resellers 90% of the time. You're better off buying it from Fiverr or getting a VA to outreach to a list you scrape. I say no to bhw guest post sellers :l
Separate names with a comma.