1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good idea.

Discussion in 'BlackHat Lounge' started by Ayomav, Mar 6, 2012.

  1. Ayomav

    Ayomav Regular Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    250
    Likes Received:
    19
    Hello,

    Every day I wake up and go online staying in my bedroom.I was thinking, I should find a place outside where I can go and work there.Not like an office, not something like starbucks either, it's too costly and lots of people, I want to work somewhere where there is not much people, somewhere like a big garden or something.Do you guys work from home only or do you guys go outside and work online outside aswell.I want to start from this, and then later on, I would go sit on a hill station and go online from there, but I should find simple place to go first so I can just get out from my house.
     
  2. macdonjo3

    macdonjo3 Jr. VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,562
    Likes Received:
    4,317
    Location:
    Toronto
    Home Page:
    I do 75% of my work from my iPhone and the other 25% is done from my desktop/laptop at home or from my laptop in a hotel or airport. Online isn't my main thing, as I have things going for me offline that are bigger, but you may be different so I guess you should just sample some places.
     
  3. jazzc

    jazzc Moderator Staff Member Moderator Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2009
    Messages:
    2,468
    Likes Received:
    10,143
    Some cities have places that are like "shared offices" that are created to address exactly this issue, in a way that you can work on a controlled environment and socialize a bit out of the house.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. mark27

    mark27 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2011
    Messages:
    224
    Likes Received:
    105
    Public libraries. Most of them have wifi now, and once you sign up at the desk you can go wherever you want within range.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. tomandre

    tomandre Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Norway
    Well I usually work from my desktop computer at home, as I have my tools on that..but I also do a lot of support issues and affiliate deals on my Ipad wherever I am. Although Ive never used the library, it sounds like a good idea...
     
  6. kitteh101

    kitteh101 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2012
    Messages:
    363
    Likes Received:
    53
    Occupation:
    Consultant
    Location:
    International
    Just switch your room up so it is more of a business/office environment and make sure you stay on task.