- Feb 16, 2018
- Reaction score
Cheers mate and thanks in advance for taking the time to do this!!
- Best course/certification out there in your opinion?
- Must follow Local SEO Experts/Publications/Blogs/Forums?
- Top three (3) ranking factors when it comes to local SEO?
- Care to share your "roadmap" or "checklist" when auditing a local business?
1. I don't know, don't really follow gurus and such. I've been doing this like 15 years, so I still tell people the best way to learn is by doing. I don't really look for certs or anything when I hire. If I had to pick one...maybe ahrefs? Mostly I just look for a base level of knowledge and a hunger to learn when I hire.
2. There are a few. Chris Palmer, Joy Hawkins and her crew, and Ben Fisher.
3. Always proximity, relevance, prominence. Are you located near the searcher, do you answer their query, are you well known and well liked.
4. That is a lot to text. In a nutshell what I look for is:
Pages targeting specific keywords in specific cities
Pages load faster than their competitors
100+ correct citations
Completely filled out gmb
Several unique and meaningful images and videos in the gmb
What is the best method for verifying a GMB for a business or service that has no physical location in the area that they target?
Getting harder and harder by the day. Easiest way to do it is to just put an ad on fb marketplace for a "work from home" gig where they just need to accept mail. Then you pay them $50 to text you the pin code.
i am very interested in knowing what you think are the top 3 ranking factors for local seo? you have more street cred than OP
Internet points are very important to me, it's how I define myself and base my personality around. How do I get more than Roger Marquez? Is there a manager of the internet I can talk to?