1. This website uses cookies to improve service and provide a tailored user experience. By using this site, you agree to this use. See our Cookie Policy.
    Dismiss Notice

IExplorer Rendering - What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'BlackHat Lounge' started by ``Yousef, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. ``Yousef

    ``Yousef Power Member

    Oct 16, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Cooking up the medicine.
    Well, after producing a fantastic site in Dreamweaver I realised that while it rendered as it should in Firefox, Microsoft's shitty browser internet explorer made a complete mockery of it.

    Now, I'm sure I can just re-code it to fit IExplorer if not pay someone to do it but here's my dilemma.

    The browser market is very obscure now, only 65% of internet users use IExplorer as their browser with the other 35% shared up between Firefox, Chrome and some smaller browsers.

    Of course, IExplorer has by far the largest market share, so rendering it properly in IExplorer is definitely key, however, wouldn't I run the risk of fucking up how it looks in the other browsers?

    Would it be possible through PHP or JS to adjust how it looks dependent on the visitors browser? Will it affect my SEO plans? Is it even worth it?
  2. tacopalypse

    tacopalypse Executive VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Nov 30, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Home Page:
    you can develop web pages independently for different browsers and even different versions of different browsers (IE6, IE7, IE8)

    you do this by removing all the style information from the page and putting it into a css file. then use conditional comments to only load a certain css file depending on which browser the visitor is using.

    read all about it: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=css+conditional+comments&aq=f&aqi=g8g-m1&oq=
    • Thanks Thanks x 1