1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have created specialise social websites... what now?

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by homme143, Feb 16, 2014.

  1. homme143

    homme143 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2013
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    3
    Hi -

    I have created two specialised social websites - all ready.
    Now what should i do - marketing wise / getting people to utilise it?

    I would love some guidance, step by step advice.

    What i've done:

    -Websites ready
    -Facebook Pages ready
    -submission to search engines

    What are my next steps? Thank you.
     
  2. noseo

    noseo Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2013
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    122
    There are basically five sources of traffic:

    Paid - from online media buys (PPC, banners)
    Organic - from search engine results pages (Serps)
    Social - from sites where you participate (Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Youtube, forums, q&a)
    Referrer (non-social) - from sites that link to you
    Direct - from returning visitors, word of mouth, e-mail marketing, and offline media buys

    Your next step is to get some of that. If you really don't know how to do any of this, learn or hire somebody.

    To learn, think of a word or phrase related to the topic and search at blackhatworld or google.

    If you come up with any particular questions, it's easier to get help by asking questions of other people on a forum.

    Honestly this question is not a good sign that you're cut out for whatever you're trying to do... but good luck.
     
  3. tony_d

    tony_d Elite Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2013
    Messages:
    2,581
    Likes Received:
    3,164
    Location:
    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View CA
    It's not entirely clear, but assuming you're saying you've built a social networking type website, I should think that user adoption represents 99.99% of the business you're trying to run, and system design/construction represents the other 0.01%.

    So, now that you've done the 0.01%, welcome to the main task at hand - getting users to use it :)

    I don't think there is any step-by-step advice for that, other than perhaps find Zuckerbergs cellphone number? Or at least, look at why users used FB and MySpace, look at why they stopped, and then draw your own conclusions from there... that's what life and business is all about - looking, listening, and then drawing your conclusions and taking action accordingly.
     
  4. ContentWriter

    ContentWriter Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    May 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,809
    Likes Received:
    212
    Occupation:
    Content Writer
    Home Page:
    How are these two social networking sites structured?
    I mean, as a web visitor, what do I expect to see when I'm on your websites?

    I'm open for a discussion on Skype when I have some free time. Add me on Skype, if you would like to.