Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by Jano Vaness, Dec 10, 2008.
How do you guys rip templates ? Does any one know ?
I just download the site that I like, rename the images and clean up the code in DreamWeaver to change some of the footprints.
How do you download the site ?
Lol...I use a very old program that I got as freeware or old adware (it has a banner in it)....it is called SuperBot. There are lots of other ones out there but this is all that I have ever needed. If you want something fancy, I am sure someone here can recommend something different...if not, grab SuperBot or go to download.com maybe.
HTTrack works good as well .
I assume you've searched this site for the ton of templates just waiting to be downloaded. if you're trying to download a particular site then follow the advice already provided.
Try Back Street Browser. It's free and works great.
You may need to download some css, java script, and or images files separately depending on how. Also, scout out open and unprotected directories you will often find many hidden gems....
My tips for the web designer:
- actively block directories
- use php alternatives to java script code
- php & .htaccess "hacks" to prevent downloading of files directly
- encrypt code and including php files
- require captcha after a user reaches a certian number of files requested
- strip out all comments and white space, etc. This makes it a real pain in the a$$ for people to recompile your websites.
- use meaningless file names and hard to understand tags.
Separate names with a comma.