1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to check long list of Twitter urls if profiles exist?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Scorpion Ghost, Jul 19, 2016.

  1. Scorpion Ghost

    Scorpion Ghost Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,073
    Likes Received:
    250
    Occupation:
    Internet!
    Location:
    On the Interwebz
    Home Page:
    So I have a long list of Twitter profile URLs, and I want to send them all private messages or replies or something. But I want to check which profiles exist and which don't.

    The list is in a notepad file, like so:

    http://twitter.com/XXXXX
    http://twitter.com/XXXXX
    http://twitter.com/XXXXX
    http://twitter.com/XXXXX
    http://twitter.com/XXXXX

    Any tool or bot or program that can check them all quickly to separate the existing from the non existing profiles? Checking them one by one manually will take forever.
     
  2. Scorpion Ghost

    Scorpion Ghost Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,073
    Likes Received:
    250
    Occupation:
    Internet!
    Location:
    On the Interwebz
    Home Page:
    Come on fellers. Nothing?
     
  3. intenso09

    intenso09 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2014
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    72
    Small selenium bot should do this work.

    Read in the file every new url, load it, check after a few seconds if the url contains "suspended", safe if to a file if it is and do to the next in a while loop.
     
  4. Aniga

    Aniga Newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2015
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    1
    Install bulk url opner in chorme and open all url at a time and check.
     
  5. Scorpion Ghost

    Scorpion Ghost Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,073
    Likes Received:
    250
    Occupation:
    Internet!
    Location:
    On the Interwebz
    Home Page:
    Okay guys, I worked it out. Here's how.

    A dear friend of mine has a Twitter bot. One of the famous ones that many people on this forum use.

    We removed the http://twitter.com from each link, leaving only the usernames. Then we added on all usernames like this format: "username:password." We used Notepad++ to do that.

    Then he loaded the file of 10,000+ profiles in his bot, multithreaded, and it quickly went through them all. It found about 500 suspended accounts, and he had an option with the bot I believe to remove those. However, there were about 1,500 profiles that were non-existent, and he couldn't remove those with his bot.

    So then we exported that list in a notepad, and using Notepad++ we removed all the lines that contained the word "Failed|Failed" in it. That removed all the non existent accounts.

    And then to clean up the crap from the others, we used notepad++ to remove all characters that come after |

    Because his bot exported profiles similar like so on each line: "username | following X | followers X"

    After removing everything that comes after |, including the |, we were left only with usernames. Then using notepad++ we added the http://twitter.com/ bit in front of every link again.

    Done and Done! :)