1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I'm getting higher rankings

Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by Conor, Feb 5, 2013.

  1. Conor

    Conor Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2012
    Messages:
    3,354
    Likes Received:
    5,415
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    South Africa
    Home Page:
    Hey Guys.

    Some of you will know I've been looking at different ways of getting traffic recently, my blog was literally getting 2 to 3 views per day not more than 2 weeks ago. I am now averaging 75 to 100 views per day with 75% coming from searches in Google, the other 25% coming from social networks.

    Here's how I did it:

    Add your URLs to link collider. You only want Tweets and Shares, Stumbleupon if you like. This part is important. Don't select the option to receive page views because this is mainly very very un-targeted, un-interested traffic. Don't select Tumblr either, lots of porn sites linking to you.

    Leave the links to get tweeted about and shared for a few days. I have seen a few of my promoted pages move from page 6+/- to page 1 and 2 of Google, from what I'm guessing is the social push.

    I have been promoting articles with relatively low competition keywords, so not much is needed to get them to page 1. I suppose more shares and tweets could give higher competition keywords that needed push too.

    Quick, simple. Any thoughts? Agree, disagree?
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. sachi041

    sachi041 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    6
    Occupation:
    Engineer
    Location:
    India
    I am using Link collider only for pinterest !! Thanks for this tip!! Does it effect to Google adsense policy ?
     
  3. Conor

    Conor Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2012
    Messages:
    3,354
    Likes Received:
    5,415
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    South Africa
    Home Page:
    I don't think so.
    The specific ToS that deals with this is:

    Google ads may not be placed on pages receiving traffic from certain sources.
    For example, publishers may not participate in paid-to-click programs, send unwanted emails or display ads as the result of the action of any software application.


    To ensure a positive experience for Internet users and Google advertisers, sites displaying Google ads may not:


    Use third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf and click-exchange programs.


    Be promoted through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites.


    Receive traffic from online advertising unless the site complies with the spirit of Google's Landing Page Quality Guidelines. For instance, users should easily be able to find what your ad promises.