I have been drop-shipping on a quiet reasonable scale on Amazon & eBay. So I thought about writing a guide on how I am normally sourcing my products! Chinese market has been dominating the product manufacturing for a long time now. Most of the E-commerce sellers use Chinese agents or suppliers for their product manufacturing. The main reason for preferring Chinese manufacturing is the cheap price. It’s a preference for every seller to make as much profit as possible. ALIBABA & ALIEXPRESS - Dealing with Chinese suppliers for your product manufacturing is always tricky. Chinese can rip you off real bad if you are not cautious enough. Most of you people will be aware of Alibaba as it is the leading trading hub of China. You can find many suppliers and agents on Alibaba who can source your product for you from Chinese factories. They can also negotiate your product customization requirement if any. Alibaba serves another primary purpose of eliminating language barrier which is a real problem while dealing with Chinese. But product sourcing from China does not completely rely on Alibaba. There are other players as well that people don’t know about. Let’s discuss those below as well. DHGATE & 1688 - Reasonable Alternatives to AliBaba! Dhgate is very popular wholesale website which has been connecting Sellers and suppliers for a long time now. Most people don’t know about it as Alibaba is stealing the spotlight. Dhgate provides another variety for the seller to choose from. There is one precious secret that no Chinese Agent or supplier will ever tell you and that’s where 1688 comes into play. 1688.com is main Chinese wholesale E-commerce market. Almost 80% of Alibaba suppliers take orders from Alibaba and find supplier on 1688 and buy from there. Remaining 20% contact factories directly. If you want to buy your product in the cheapest price possible to get highest profit possible, you need to buy your product directly from 1688. 1688 WORKS AS A CHARM FOR ME! Let’s See How This Platform Works! To buy your product from 1688 you need to have a Wechat account. Wechat is the most popular communication app in China as it the most famous social media platform for Chinese. You can communicate with your suppliers and agents on Wechat. The best way I have found for sourcing my own products from China is to find a reliable agent in China and give him links to my products on 1688. Then my agent talks to the 1688 supplier as they most communicate in Chinese. My agent also pushes the supplier to break the price and then finalize the deal. I just have to pay him some commission for acting as a mediator between myself and the 1688 supplier. I send the payment to my agent and he forwards it to the local supplier in RMB and the deal is concluded. Payment is usually made through Alibaba trade assurance or via Paypal as payment security is guaranteed by both of these platforms. This is the best and most convenient way to source products from China. If want to save the agent cost as well then you must have a translation app installed and communicate with the supplier directly which in my personal opinion is not worth the money it saves. SOURCING FROM eBay, GearBest or AliExpress Directly! Quite rarely I am able to find some suppliers from China with warehouses in USA & who have stocks ready for the products I want to sell. When I have one winning product & I need it quickly - I start leaving messages to everyone selling on eBay or anywhere I could find them online if they sell in bulk & I acquire stocks from them.