1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone actually recovered from Penguin?

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by directaxcess, May 16, 2012.

  1. directaxcess

    directaxcess Power Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    780
    Likes Received:
    154
    I'm seeing a lot of threads of people talking about their thoughts on the penguin update but no conclusive ideas? has anyone actually recovered their websites rankings since the Penguin update?
     
  2. craigmckay888

    craigmckay888 Newbie

    Joined:
    May 2, 2011
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    9
    Yes, I have. I simply added regular unique content, mixed up my backlinking with the keyword text as only 30% of the overall ration and used things like the actual domain, click here, plus other LSIs to make up the other 70%. I've also given up on unrelated blog comments and profile links. Hope you recover!
     
  3. clubvin

    clubvin Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2009
    Messages:
    43
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    I Travel ....
    Home Page:
    Seriously? I thought that was applicable after Panda. Penguin is not an Algo update. It's a sort of Filter. I got a plan. Am trying to build as many Links as possible form diff sources with around 800-1000 keywords. Just to show appropriate keyword diversity. Penguin update has hit the sites with less anchor diversity.
     
  4. james406

    james406 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2012
    Messages:
    124
    Likes Received:
    65
    What was the recovery like? Did you suddenly shoot back up in positions or was it gradual?
     
  5. kegnum

    kegnum Senior Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,004
    Likes Received:
    468
    No one has recovered from Penguin. You may have taken a hit and gotten back up but if you were knocked back from penguin, you need to wait for the filter to update/rerun. Not to mention that there were 3 updates that ran right around the same time so it's hard to know what hit you and when. For all we know we could be effected by several different updates.