Discussion in 'BlackHat Lounge' started by J0kerz, Jan 23, 2011.
I think this is just random public relation crap.
If they had the ability to get rid of the current bad content or spam results, they would have taken care of it.
They are not going to admit that they don't know how to "fix" the current issues.
How does the algorithm know which piece of content is quality and which content is not when they both use similar words? The algorithm doesn't understand quality at all as that would be too hard or almost impossible to program as it doesn't have a mind of it's own like a reader does.
I think Google many times says something to try to scare or encourage webmasters to act differently since they can't really enforce it.
i have heard these same thing many times , and change since then... dupe content is still working in the serps...
Stop thinking, and start working.
If you worked 6 months straight your ass of, and can say in the end "YES, I DID A LOT", just see which kind of results you already have made!
The people at G are the best in the world and have infinite resources behind them... so yes they're only human but have a massive advantage.
They Might have a massive advantage but there is no way they can stop spam getting into the search results. This is just another scare tactic from Mr Cutts which is only meant to try and disuade people from trying to get their site at the top of the listings. For me, It didn't work.
More Google smoke and mirrors.
this must be a wake up call for people trying to game the system.especially for those who use urls like scholarshipsforthosewhoblahblah...com
Actually, the consensus amongst most white hat SEO blogs and such, is that the google SERPS have degraded in quality in the last year, with less relevant results. If you read Matts peice, he even links to some pages saying how bad it's become.
I think the reason is them adding so many features in such a short space of time, this time last year the SERPS looked quite different - and better.
The new algo they introduced a while back affecting the long tails is the worst for me, trying to find specific information has become quite difficult, since google just shows the same pages over & over for different, but related search terms.
The local results at the top of the first page is even more ridiculous, the quality of those sites is so often very stale and uninformative.
They are shooting themselves in the foot with all these changes, I can see from the few sites that I have, bing visitors have increased by over 100% in the last couple of months, I don't blame them, bing has highly relevant results for longtails, and doesn't shun out fresh quality sites for six months.
Google will get serious once the spam cuts into their profits; otherwise I agree with the others that this is just more lip service from Google.
To me its like the art of war. They are making moves due to FB making moves and its gonna make them suffer if they dont relax. There is no way to get rid of the spam but yes they can reduce it to a certain extent. The big G is so big and smart..they have bought out many companies and youtube being the second largest search engine and on the rise still. They own YT so they got nothing to worry about. With regards to their search engine i think they need to just get rid of the 'instant results' and take a chill pill! keep an eye on what FB does but don't react in an 'oh no we gotta change as much as FB changes or were gonna lose out market share in the Search market!'
I don`t believe in this G crap news... why?
Well, actually spam helps Google. Why? Because people search for content, and when they don`t find what they need...what they`ll do? They click Google ADS.... so more money for Google
It`s easy... there`s no point for a clean search results page ...because people will find what they are searching so in this case ads will be useless... more spam... more click on the ads...
Yeah well I think they should stop playing a fucking god.
You know what a fucking spam is,
- its the fucking authority sites with their double sometimes five listing plus site links on the first page pushing my barely touching first page site to the second page. I don't know whose bright idea this was, I mean how would a remotely related page gets good rank just because its on an authority site.
- its the fucking instant result, giving yet authority site more impression making the long tail keywords get less and less hits and guess what, even though those authority sites get the hits, user won't find what they want because it does not cater for those specific long tail, so its a lose lose situation m'kay
- they tell you to worry less about SEO and just concentrate on creating good content, how the fuck are you supposed to do that when they openly said they have over 200 "signals" when deciding which page should rank. I still have nightmares for not having sufficient h2.
- the stupid interest ads preference, if some one go to a website about fish, they are looking for a fucking fish, there is no point giving them ads about monkeys just because the bought 5 monkeys from clicking the assense, they won't click it, why, because they just bought 5 monkeys for god sake
- the moronic preview feature which doesnt work most of the time, no one would wait for previewing a site when they can just click on the site and be done with it, the computing power can be better used elsewhere, like
- how about be more accurate with the webmaster tools, this tools actually gave honest webmaster a fighting chance, now you've turned it into crap
So No, SEO czar matt, sorry for not believing that google will clean its serp, do no evil is good, how about some do no stupid this time.
well he best brains at G just gave a spammy autoblog site of mine a PR5 (up from a PR0) while they only upgraded my genuine authority site with over 300 unique pages from a PR2 to a PR3.
The spammy site ranks top 10 and brings me in about $10 per week while the real site ranks #1 for all it's big searches, gets 1000+ uniques a day and earns $1000-$2000 per day
Best brains in the world I say. Whatever they're doing I hope they keep doing it.
Time to sell that autoblog i would say But yeah its all bs propaganda from google. Trying to scare us off.
shouldnt that be
90% of my autoblog are now de indexed in the last few days
some have pr2 and 0 page indexed.
so I think what google is saying is right
This is not a new issue, if they could fix it, they would. Even if they do, there are ways of passing copyscape regardless of the origination.
Separate names with a comma.