1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Dropped Rankings..Penalty

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by eforestal55, Sep 12, 2011.

  1. eforestal55

    eforestal55 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    1
    Okay I need some advice.. I had a site that was doing really good. I was in the number 2 position for my main keyword making great income. Then all of a sudden I get booted to page 6...

    Almost 80% of the content was copied content from shared article sites. I also had some keywords whited out at the bottom of some of the post. Meaning the background was white and the text was white... The visitor couldn't see the text, but the google bots can.

    I think the white out/keyword stuffing caused my drop. I have since removed all the white out text but my rankings hasn't returned... I have three questions..

    1. what should I do to return this site to normal and get this penalty off this site
    2. should I abandon this site altogether and start a new one
    3. should I keep working on it, building backlinks and etc.
    4. how long will it take to get this corrected.
     
  2. Zemanel_

    Zemanel_ Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2011
    Messages:
    420
    Likes Received:
    126
    It's really hard to pin point the cause, as far as it concerns google it could have just been some random google dance...
    Did that happen only when you inserted the keywords in white?
    If that was the cause you can wait and try and get your position back, though most likely soon you won't...
     
  3. 0zzy

    0zzy Regular Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2008
    Messages:
    252
    Likes Received:
    391
    Location:
    : noitacoL
    Thats for sure a Google -50 penalty, which happened to me and I'm still ranking on Page 5 - Page 6 for last 10 days.

    After a quick Google search I found this article:

    http://www.olgizenullari.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-google-50-penalty.html/

    According to it, it says that it is caused due to the over-usage of the same anchor text (like if you are trying to compete for black hat world, at least 70 % of your anchor texts must be black hat world whereas the other 30 % must be a variation)
     
  4. -Jericho-

    -Jericho- Jr. Executive VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2010
    Messages:
    2,849
    Likes Received:
    1,704
    Location:
    Stalking My Ex-Wife
    Was this a new site? Were you building a lot of links to it? How long has it been on page 6?

    Don't use keywords like that unless you want to get a penalty. You could fix the site and wait or you could ask for reconsideration. I would fix it and wait a few weeks and see if there are any changes. If not ask for reconsideration.