GAME OF GREED: $3K TO $1.8 MILLION TO $0

MisterF

Repeat Selling Out MP - Doxxing - Harass Comps.
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
28,958
Reaction score
43,697
But, majority of the people didn't took any significant profits out and pretty much rode back to the absolute bottom. A guy who became a good friend went from $3k to $1.8 Million and rode it back all down, just didn't sell.

I still to this day just can't believe it, you literally made a life changing amount and just didn't pressed that sell button. Like, what else you wanted to achieve with a $3k investment.

Guys, always take profits when you're in a position like this. Don't be fucking GREEDY.

Have you been in a position like this? You didn't pressed that sell button, didn't took profits? If yes, what you've learnt from it and how will you do things differently next time?



Wow; A guy who became a good friend went from $3k to $1.8 Million and rode it back all down, just didn't sell.

Being serious, is he fine after this, didn't have breakdown or depression or anything?

I think if you already have money, you can play like this and if the original $3k is pocket money it's not that bad a hit, just a dent in your pride.

First time I bought into ETH it doubled in about 3 weeks so I took out the initial investment, so all I have in there now is pure playmoney/profit. So if it goes to $1m or $10 I'm happy.
 

bluematter

Jr. Executive VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
3,836
Reaction score
4,010
Wow; A guy who became a good friend went from $3k to $1.8 Million and rode it back all down, just didn't sell.

Being serious, is he fine after this, didn't have breakdown or depression or anything?

I think if you already have money, you can play like this and if the original $3k is pocket money it's not that bad a hit, just a dent in your pride.

First time I bought into ETH it doubled in about 3 weeks so I took out the initial investment, so all I have in there now is pure playmoney/profit. So if it goes to $1m or $10 I'm happy.

He is ok, just disappointed.

I don't think $3k is a big deal for him, as I know this guy made lots of money in 2017 bull run from BQX aka ETHOS and eventually VOYAGER.

This time he was adamant that bull run will last much longer as "INSTITUTIONS MONEY" is involved in crypto now and things are different this time around, that thinking backfired:)
 

PinguSpy

Jr. VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
3,007
Reaction score
2,965
Majority know when to enter, but don’t know when to out.

There is a rule, it is called burger rule.

We want to out at the middle where most of the juice meat is.
 

howard_hughes

Elite Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
5,065
Reaction score
3,729
Website
www.blackhatworld.com
my acquaintance (through a crypto group) made 1.2m from 20k investment, never sold. rode it down to 60-70k lol.

i took 70% profit off the table off my 30x return (on overall investment).
put rest 30% in a pre-ipo stock which has lost 99% its value
 

GrowthStrategist

Jr. VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
417
Reaction score
191
I always sell too early

Bought 100k DOGE at 0.008 , sold at $0.02

Few weeks later it hit $0.74....

Same with Safemoon, i took $300 profit from $200 , next day it 10x'd

Its always hard choosing the top lol. But that was in my early days of trading
 

airtman

Jr. VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
332
Reaction score
150
People fail to understand the meaning of meme coins. Meme=joke and jokes don't stay funny for long till it fades off.
 

bluematter

Jr. Executive VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
3,836
Reaction score
4,010
I always sell too early

Bought 100k DOGE at 0.008 , sold at $0.02

Few weeks later it hit $0.74....

Same with Safemoon, i took $300 profit from $200 , next day it 10x'd

Its always hard choosing the top lol. But that was in my early days of trading

I always leave a 25% bag when I am in profit. I just let it ride, if it dumps I am already in profit so no big deal but if it pumps it makes some serious money.

Few of my 25% bags in last bull run made me a lot more money than the rest of 75% of the bag.
 
Top