This is a case study for my self and others that might have a penguin hit site... I want to take notes of the stuff I have done to recover and try to see if there is a blue print. Site: www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com (kinda long) 16 characters. 8+ years old PR 2 6 pages 10 blog posts (these were added after penguin as part of the recovery) So far, I have bought social gigs from fiverr.com Bought lots of retweets/facebook posts and shares/ 15K followers/ pinterst repins/diggs etc. etc. Spent around $200 Pre-penguin ranking : Day after penguin: todays ranking after adding 10 high quality 500 word posts + buying the social links/signals from fiverr.com and a few high PR links. Other stuff I have done is on page de-optimization... I have removed the over used keyword(s) on the main page... but density is still pretty high. I believe 3-4% from around 5%. Article on the front page is around 8000 words. I have also installed a plugin called: qTranslate. I have translated all of my pages into 5 languages (that was getting in most visitors to my site... you can check the stats with Google analytic I think, however, I used a WP plugin called statpress). Next plan of Action is to buy 1 or 2 Services that have opened their service in BST after the penguin update.... IMO most of the BST services that were open before penguin are out of date.... (most... But not ALL!). Subscribe, ask questions.... I will update next week when I have some spare cash to put towards a SEO package from here.