Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by dubcorp, Nov 28, 2012.
id really appreciate some tips
trying get some media buys
This forum owner?
not just this particular one
Slow down there betsy, lol.
There are several ways.
1) PM them directly on the forum. Usually the quickest and easiest route
2) Email them directly. All forum systems hide the email but you can still send email through their in-built system.
3) Post in a relevant section. Off-topic or general.
4) Do a domain lookup and send an email/call to the administrative contact in their records
5) Depending on what the forum is for, they may have a helpdesk or livechat. Use that as well.
6) If you got the skills, hack the site and put a flashing message to contact you for advertising space. You'll tell them how to fix the issue and you get advertising (no I don't actually recommend this)
7) Contact the global/super mods. They're usually in contact with the owners or admins so they may be easier to get ahold of.
Just send them a message in the contact us.
Here is the out of the box method to contact forum owners.
Most of the time, It's the first user who registered on any forum is the "Administrator"
So for example, If you'd like to contact Admin of any forum that runs on Mybb, you should visit this URL
From there, you can use either PM function or send email function to talk with the owner aka Admin.
For forums that runs on vBulletin, you'd use this url
There you can click on join date to sort from old to new, you will see Admin's profile on top/1st on the list.
Note that not all forums allows you to view the members list especially after the launch of xRumer.
So it's better and proper way to join in the forum and post a thread in lounge/off-topic sub forum.
You can use this method on any forum platforms to find the owner.
Separate names with a comma.