Azoogle for foreign (non-us) individual

Discussion in 'Business & Tax Advice' started by iglow, Jul 1, 2009.

  1. iglow

    iglow Elite Member

    Feb 20, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Well i wanted to sing up with some companies but some of them ask to choose form for the tax. I have no idea what to choose.
    Im an non-us individiual living in Europe.

    The options in Azoogle and some other similar is:

    • Form W-8BEN, Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding.
    • Form W-8ECI, Certificate of Foreign Person's Claim for Exemption From Withholding on Income Effectively Connected With the Conduct of a Trade or Business in the United States.
    • Form W-8EXP, Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for United States Tax Withholding.
    • Form W-8IMY, Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding.

    To me it seems W-8ECI is the one. But after i choose it there is spot to put:
    U.S. taxpayer identification number, (required - see instructions) : *

    and the Foreign tax identifying number, if any (optional) is just optional. I have my european tax id, but i dont have the 'U.S. taxpayer identification number' and dont know what to do wit hit.

    What to choose there?
  2. Jcsarokin

    Jcsarokin Power Member

    Mar 2, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Los Angeles / Beverly Hills
    Id say your best bet is to contact them directly. You definatley dont want to get bad info here on bhw and then have your earnings and account comprimised. That would be bad lol.

    Hit up your AM for some correct info.