I do my scraping with my custom perl program, and here is a little way I found to get better lists. Anyway, google only returns the 1st thousand results, so when I generate my footprint, I add a random word to the end of it, as if I were targeting blogs in my niche. For example, instead of "powered by wordpress, 10..100 responses to", I'd put "powered by wordpress, 10..100 responses to, dogs" This gets me a list of 1000 wordpress blog posts for this query. Then I'll switch "dogs" to "cats" and it'll get me 1000 more. If I had used the original footprint, I'd only get 1000 total, but now, I get 1000 per dogword. Of course, some overlap, but that's no biggie. And here is something really odd: A lot of the returned results, in our example, wouldn't even say anything about dogs. Apparently this works as just a switch to get a new list every time! I've gathered umpteen lists that have nothing to do with the word I'm talking about.