1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adsense Takes 5% Of Your Profits Using Blogger Widgits

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by xbon869x, Mar 25, 2009.

  1. xbon869x

    xbon869x Guest

    I mainly use blogger because I know my way around it and it's user friendly.I liked Blogger until about 10 minutes ago when I read a thread on here.You know Bloggers useful widgits for adsense?Well they take 5% of your earnings,so i've read, for using the widgits.Now i've never heard this and probably most of you never have.You can't find anything about it and it doesn't show up in your adsense account.At least I havn't seen it.And for you guys using adwords for blogger and running adsense ads google is double dipping your profits.When using a widgit on Blogger for Adsense,it should say,5% of your Adsense profit will be deducted for using adsense widgits.But it does not.So if all of this is even true,then googles blogspot totally lies when they advertise blogger as being 100% free when clearly it is not.It wouldn't surprise me if they deducted 5% just for using blogger no matter where your ads are placed.Its something to think about.

    I know i'm pissed off about this and i'm dropping blogger like a bad habbit.What do you guys think of this Bullshit?
  2. th3pwn4grer

    th3pwn4grer Newbie

    Jan 6, 2009
    Likes Received:
    trying to get my family back together.
    homeless shelter
    I don't know about Adsense taking 5% from blogger, but I checked my adsense account and it says that they get 0%. To check, go into your adsense account and click on the "My Account" tab. Under "Account Access", you should see all the sites that have access to your account and what percent they get. Their cut is labeled "Host's Share of Revenue". For me, blogger.com reads 0.0% of content and n/a for search, domains, and referrals.

    Hope this helps.
  3. xbon869x

    xbon869x Guest

    Oh ok.....Thats a huge relief...I was pissed...lol
  4. Alex Brooks

    Alex Brooks BANNED BANNED

    Mar 17, 2009
    Likes Received:
    I think I read somewhere if you use some widget, your google adsence account is used 95% of the time, the other 5% of the time it's the owners of the widgets, doesn't seem like a lot, but for 1,000 hits, they would get 50 of them, with the number of people
    1. Using blogger
    2. Using adsence widgets

    They probably earn a lot in impressitions alone, let alone views.