1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About link building strategies for Amazon sites

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by mrtruehybrid, Mar 12, 2017.

  1. mrtruehybrid

    mrtruehybrid Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    268
    Likes Received:
    65
    Hey everyone,

    what is your usual link building strategy in terms of keyword percentages?
    I am thinking to do only naked URLs and my brand name as keyword for the first months and after that do more targeted keywords?
     
  2. Zanskar

    Zanskar Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2015
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    72
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Procrastinator
    Location:
    Planet Earth
  3. patriotnews

    patriotnews Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2015
    Messages:
    1,021
    Likes Received:
    596
    Location:
    under there
    I personally build 75% brand name URLs, then the other 25% is naked/LSI/generic for the first couple months, which is usually when I build the basic, starter links.
    When I start linking with guest posts and PBNs, I split it 50/25/25 between brand, keyword and long-tail. And even then, I build the weaker links, using brand/naked/generic.

    I pump the shit out of my brand name! Because I want Google to see me as a brand, I want visitors to see me as a brand, and if/when I sell it, it is a brand.

    I barely care what the link text is, so much as I want Google to find the link and get to my site, the google brain can figure out what my site is about.
     
  4. beingink

    beingink Senior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    219
    I think if this update is to stick, this strategy will be the key going forward. Seeing lots of authority sites ranking for important terms that are not even related to those keywords but only cause of authority.