Discussion in 'Making Money' started by morgi666, May 11, 2011.
Total commission in May:
~$60That gives me a massive... $200 profit But Rome was not built in one day, right?
Nice journal. Interested in seeing your progress. Good luck
Yeah man, keep up the good work. Best luck!
Nice journal indeed. I also suffer from such issues as following up on what i started sometime, whenever i recall myself, i tend to come back to the project again. Wish i could concentrate more and more on a particular project then move on after gaining some ground to sustain it.
Wish you all the best...
Cool, put that damn cash in your pockets. Good luck!
keep up the work mate
awesome, well done
good luck : )
Thanks guys for the support!
I'm trying to organize my work now. I've found a very good e-book called ZEN TO DONE
Definitely worth reading even if it's hard to follow it. Especially when you have old habits like I do...
I've stopped relying on my memory (it didn't worked for years so won't work now) or making notes on paper. I always lose my notes, forget where I've put them, forget to check my notebook etc. Instead of that I've started using iPad for everything. It's not a cool toy anymore - it's my task manager, notebook, email, reminder, news reader etc.
Apps I'm using:
1. Mr. Reader - it's not helping me with my work directly but saves a lot of time. I don't need to visit all those sites I like to follow. I can read headlines quickly and if I'll find something worth reading - I can transfer it to another app called Instapaper. It has few options but I mainly use it for storing articles that I find interesting and want to read later.
2. Dropbox - for me it's A MUST app. I have it on every machine I'm working on (including mobile and VPS servers). It helps transfer files between devices and access them from anywhere at any time or share folders with other users.
3. Task PRO - simple task managing system. Works exactly as I like it. It have tagging system, due dates, clean layout and it synchronizes tasks with the server.
4. Evernote - that is my notebook now. It also synchronizes with the server (are there any apps not doing it?). Note can be saved not only as a text, but you can also record a voice or use an image. I've tried using Springpad (I don't like the design and way how it's structured) and Simplenote (too simple) but Evernote works better for me.
5. iThoughtsHD - great app for creating mind maps. I've not appreciated them before, but now I can't create a project plan without structuring a mind map first. Saves a lot of time.
6. SG Project - cool app for creating projects. I have not much to say about it... It's a very useful app ;]
7. TeamViewer - that one I guess a lot of you guys know. If I need to get something form my PC or VPS, check how tools are running etc. TeamViewer is perfect for it.
8. iFlashDrive - when you need to use iPad as flash drive
And some entertainment apps:
1. Air Video - streaming video from computer straight to your iPad and converts it while playing the video Nice, huh?
2. Doodle Buddy - fun app for kids. They can draw, use icons and different backgrounds.
3. Infinity Blade - nice time waster... I think I should remove it but I like this game :|
Something happen with one of my campaigns. It's not getting any traffic/income ;| I need to check everything.
Thank you everyone for nice comments and PMs. I'll post an update when I find what's wrong.
good luck. reading it
I still have not found what is the issue. One of the programs I was promoting has moved to another platform so that should be fixed today.
I have sorted problems I had with Bing payments - my bank was concern about transactions I've made and blocked my CC without letting me know about it... Quick call and it works. I can waste money online again... I still need to check some technical issues with my software. I think about rebuilding it to make more simple and include some of new ideas I had recently. I will let you guys know whats the status on this and income later today.
I had a lot of questions about SEO and PPC from some of you guys. It inspires me to do more. I think it was a very good idea to start this journal. I did more work last few days than I did in last few months. I look more optimistic in the future
About my other projects.
Panda update devalued Xrumer and Scrapebox links a lot. I'm not sure but it looks web2.0, Paul & Angela is not worth much now to so I'm creating my own site network. Good domains with history and PR, with real good links etc. I will tell more about it later.
May the Force be with you all ! ^_^
Nice journal title but when I skin through your post it seems you don't leave anything of value....
Try to give something back to the community, a little tip here, a little tip there, what you did wrong or different...
Making a thread and only putting posts of moneys earned is a waste of time for us and you...
It seems like the only ones that respond here are post inflators, "good job", " keep it going " blah blah...
You can keep a good journey here or a sh*tty one on paper...
This atm could easy go on paper...
Ok dude, what's your secret?
PS: I'm joking
I did mentioned what I did wrong and what I'm doing different now, but you made a good point there zerocoolflo.
OK, so lets talk about site network for SEO.
Xrumer, Scrapebox, SEnuke and a lot of other automated link building tools have very low or no value now. I'm not trying to convince anyone to anything. I'm not trying to destroy business of people selling blasts, link lists etc. But I'm sure you should test it and have your own opinion - but based on real results, not someones post. I've used those tools for work on daily basis plus some other methods. After Panda updates I could see a clear drop in rankings of nice jump, all depending on used technique. As not hard to guess, shit links from profiles and comments went down. I'm not saying xrumer blasts are worth nothing now, but I wouldn't use them for fresh domains or as main source of links to my money site.
And that is where site network comes. Domains with history, backlinks, PR and traffic can have some nice authority. They will have random links, which I wouldn't have a chance to get other way. I'm hunting for any domains that will meet my criteria:
- minimum 100 backlinks in Yahoo (but not shit links from profiles or blog comments)
- minimum 1 page indexed in Google
- 3+ years old
- Yahoo or DMOZ directory is a big plus
- no porn or pharma related domains (if it's not for porn or pharma ofcourse), but not because Google will ban my sites, but because of the quality of the links and limited life time of those domains
Next step: hosting account. You can use shared, you can use dedicated. Doesn't matter as long as you won't have too many sites on single IP. Unique IP is very important so don't try to cut your on IPs. 10 sites on unique IPs will do more than 100 sites on single IP.
Websites: go simple. Use free CMS platform, but use one that is updated often, has good developers (more secured! You don't want to have your sites hacked - hapend to me few times...), a lot of free templates and you know it well. I use WoordPress or Joomla because I know them well and I can install them in few seconds using Fantastico.
Content: auto-blogs could be a solution here but recent Google updates made duplicate content a much bigger issue. If you site will be considered as low quality - it won't have any authority and links won't have too much link juice. I personally go for low quality content from cheap content writers (freelancers.com, odesk etc.). Use copyscape to check if your writer is not one of those lazy ones ;] I will create synonyms using TBS (but manually so content will be good in every variation after spinning) and publish it to my network using Link Farm Evolution to save time.
$291 month to date
I'm sorry I have not posted anything for a long time, but I have been busy.
I'm writing to let you all guys know how it turned out J
It looks all you need to do is... to take action. I know we see it over and over and think it's not that easy. We follow top affiliates, read forums, blogs and search for exact how to make money blueprint. I was there myself. Reading tons of ebooks, paying for tools, solutions and all sort of bullshit where all I needed was in front of me.
So what I did? I've wiped my HDD from all ebooks, old tools â€˜that I will maybe need one day' and all the crap that could cause wasting time. I've got myself a whiteboard - old school whiteboard that is now on my wall. I've put there all ideas I had and tried to rate them by how much money they can make, how much money and time I need to invest in them - and I've started with what I thought is the best choice. I've made a plan for each step of the project and worked on them one by one.
I had some ups and downs but quickly started seeing some nice results. I've focused on SEO and promoting some affiliate stuff. Tested different markets and I've found nice niche. Now I have over 20 money sites, creating new ones and working on starting my own SEO service. I'm way over my initial income target: changed from $3k/month to $1k/day and I'm pretty close to hitting it this month.
So what I can tell you guys? Stop wasting time reading how to make money. You probably know enough to start, so don't waste time on forums. Do not buy stuff you don't know you really need. Get your ideas, get your time sorted, set your goals and plan your work. Probably you won't see results quickly, you will fail few times, but keep going. I was close of giving up when my site (I was working on for 2 months) started making $200+ per day and got slapped in Google. I told myself - if I could do it once, I'll do it again. This time I've created bunch of sites... Something can happen sooner or later but I have already plans for new markets, new sites and completely new projects. Once this machine starts rolling it's hard to stop. It become my addiction - same as playing MMORPG games was not that long ago...
Now I understand those guys that already got some success and are sharing their stories. I've realized I've just started my journey and more I do, more fun it is. Boring 9-5 changed into work I can do all day and I really love it.
Thanks BHW and all guys that helped me here!
Wow, that's really nice result. Congrats of your success and don't stop now!
Reminds me, I have to get back working!
Awesome Story man. wish you all the best to achieve your goal.
Thanks and rep for coming back to the thread and updating it.
Separate names with a comma.