Discussion in 'Other Affiliate Programs' started by Richeyjr, Jul 6, 2014.
wow that's really impressive.congratulations
more grease to your elbows bro.
I recently started dabbling in this, with a $100 dollar budget I got one sale that made $33.00. It was my first week of messing about. I am thinking at throwing a $500 dollar cap at my experiment, so far in 3 years I have not been successful, but they have all been half hearted attempts of other IM projects. I would really like to track my keywords. Would the best way to do that be sign up for the same offer multiple times with different campaign names, one for each keyword maybe? How do you track your keyword results, or is it more like throw enough stuff at the wall and if some sticks then they all stay?
Also I am no expert obviously, but I would think in regards to keywords, use some direct obvious keywords and maybe think outside the box for others?
Guys, you do know that Google support will help you set your adwords campaign up?
They are pretty good at it and can help you make money.
I only do high ticket price items, so I thought i'd throw some problems at them and they actually built money earning campaigns for me. I did tweak them a bit.
Give them a try if you don't have the confidence to jump right in.
Set a daily budget and track your investment carefully through google analytics.
Share the responsibility with them. They actually have an incentive for you to be successful, so you keep coming back to play the Adwords game. Don't be shy, get on the phone to them. Make your money work.
But do they help you with those kind of campaigns? Do they help you if your campaign is about cpa or clickbank products?
Sorry for the noob question. I don't know too much about PPC
Thanks in advance
You just made my day with your amazing story. Wish you huge success in your future and thank you for sharing unselfishly!
Basically make a really fantastic landing page, get them to help you get your campaigns right and then switch your landing page out for CPA or CB lander.
Your CPC might go up, but if you don't know anything about adwords its a great way to mine Google intel.
Ok thanks. that's really helpful. So i create a landing page then i ask for help to the google support, after they helped me i modify the LP to send to the cpa or cb product.
Which one has work best for you google or bing?
Richard,can you help me get approved by pointclickntrack.My application was denied recently?
In your experience, what would be a good sample ( clicks or budget ) to determine if your campaign is worth it?
Yes, play the game white hat; learn how they think, learn what they propose, understand what is happening with your campaign, which keywords are working, which ads are converting, that kind of thing. Capture emails and then when you feel ready, switch in cba and cpa ads.
Thank kind thing
I forgot ask you. So when i switch to cpa or cb i have to use a cloacker, i think?
Sorry for not being around lately, I took a much needed vacation. I did read a reply that I wanted to clear up on the spot, as I will get to the others later. I am not Cheri, she is my account manager at PointClickTrack and I made the mistake of posting a picture of her email on here. If anyone could tell me how I would go about editing my original post so I could blur out her email that would be great! Poor Cheri has been bombarded with emails with questions about this thread because some people think she was the OP. So please if anyone could let me know how to edit the original post that would be great considering I can't find it at all.
I think you'll have to contact a mod if there isn't an edit button on your first post anymore.
Anyways, this thread is a great read. I'm happy you're having success.
Thanks for sharing, but there's not much details in here other than use Bing ads and use these two affiliate networks. Here's some questions which people should find useful:
1. How do you track your keywords and conversions (so you know what keywords are converting and which ones aren't). There's a few bigger tracking platforms out there and some smaller ones.
2. Do you direct link to affiliate offers and display the ugly affiliate URL in Bing, or are you masking this (and if so how)?
3. What is your conversion rate (i.e. for every 100 clicks how many sales would you generate)
4. If this was your first big month (judging by the YTD earnings of your screenshot as someone else mentioned) and you just got banned for bidding on trademark terms, wouldn't the majority of those earnings be from the trademark keywords? It is pretty easy to convert on trademarked terms. What is your ROI on non-trademark terms.
5. Why not use Yahoo also? I get Google is tough on ads, but Yahoo is more lenient.
Just a quick update before I start answering replies from the past week or 2. I am going to be at about the same revenue / profit as last month.
I will be getting to all the replies over the next day or two because I was on vacation for a week and wasn't allowed to do any work related activities lol
Over and Out,
Trust me, I feel you 100%. You don't make shit until its in your bank account. They actually do pay on time or else they credit your account 50$.
Here is a clip from my bank account statement, don't mind the transaction below the PointClickTrack one. I had to get some beer to celebrate
First off, I believe I have provided detail so far throughout my initial replies and PM's. But I will answer your questions anyways
1. Prosper and SubID Tracking
2. Well there are MANY ways to do this. I direct link 90% of the time, and when I do I usually buy my own domain and do a Forward w/ masking on it.
3. Well that depends on the offer, and a lot of other things. But generally depending on the payout, I like to stay above 3-5% conversion.
4. First off, I got banned over a year ago with a different company when I was a noobie and did not know the rules, and I lost a couple hundred dollars at the time. I absolutely do not bid on trademarks as it will get you banned in a heartbeat, one time Bing Ads keyword tool put a trademark keyword in 2 of my campaigns and I was contacted a day after and asked to remove it. All of my earnings are from non-trademarked or branded keywords, and converting keywords at that
5. BingAds is now Bing & Yahoo. When you make a campaign it defaults to show on both search engines unless you choose one or the other.
Separate names with a comma.