Discussion in 'Domain Names & Parking' started by still_crystal, Jun 15, 2010.
1and1.com is giving .com domains away.. go get bhw fellows.
i just checked their german site and it's 12â‚¬/year per .com domain. Not really a giveaway
I used my debit card to pay. I am in Asia and I could get free domain name although I don't know about Europe. The first year is 0 and pay $8.99 after a year. That's it..
This is true and they even offer free web hosting for 3 months. Just checked their website I am from Asia too,
I got a free .com from them around a week ago and they ll gonna ask you to provide an Identity proof like Passport or drivers License or your National ID...
It's kinda wearied but I have sent them my drivers license scanned copy and atleast got 1 .com.
1. they required CC details...
2. they took 3 days to book your domain...
i try booking a domain with them... but status was pending then next day i picked the same domain from godday... lolz... they email me after 3 days that m sorry we cannot pick your domain...
I did not got any problem till now..
I only used my paypal and I registered 4 domains with one paypal..
I added different email address to one paypal and registered with different emails..
Normally I got all within 2 days, but 2 domains where taken 3 days for the registration.
I also hired one guy from DP and given him 1$ and he registered one domain with his own PP account for me.. So total I got 5 domains from them.
Now the hard part is going to come after some months.
1and1 cancel process is a bitch, make sure do not follow their cancel guidelines and google for real 1and1 cancel process..
In simple words..
1. transfer your domain first. Go to your preferred registrar, then add transfer there.. do the payment.
2. go to 1and1 and unlock domain, get Auth code and put it on the preferred registrar..
3. wait till the domain gets activated on your preferred registrar...
4. go to cancel.1and1.com and cancel your package there... remember to choose cancel in 30 days.. otherwise, they will not cancel it and it will get renewed..
5. remove PP subscription also..
But 1and1 says differently, so dont follow their guidelines...
Separate names with a comma.