1. You can go for aged domain and can do EMD but at the same time you have to do on page properly.
2. For no 2. I am not getting what you are trying to mean? Could you please explain more elaborately?
3. Getting ranking is time consuming as you follow white hat practice.
Technical SEO means Google Search Console or Google Webmaster tool. Try to read Google Webmaster tool in details, go to Youtube there are many more good video tutorial regarding webmaster tool, study from there.
1. Google Webmaster Tool for checking checking website's technical aspect
2. Google Analytics Tool for checking traffic details
3. Moz for site authentication checking
4. Semrush for website audit
5. Google AdWords keywords analysis tool for keyword research
You have not mentioned about the website, what type of website it is, what about the competition as ranking depend on these. If your website has tremendous competition we have to lot of works for off page. But in a general way I can suggest that do meta tag optimization properly, provide fresh...
may I know for which website you are talking? Short tail keywords are generally very competitive, you are telling that you have already targeted 3 words keywords. But have you achieved ranking for this? If yes , now you can also target two words but you have to very much known about the...
Do you want to make separate blog page in the same website? if yes you can but content should be different and fresh, use this keyword chocolate protein shakes in your new blog. But please do not do stuffing.
Thanks for sharing such valuable information! the all mentioned points are really effective for getting traffic; I think social media is the best platform for gaining traffic. Create blog and social media, create video and share in social media are very effective for getting traffic.