I'm posting this to give you guys a possible model to follow and to get your creative juices
flowing when looking for ways to make money.
1. I signed up for the Amazon Associates, Walmarts Affiliate and Gamestops affiliate programs. (I only ended up selling from Amazon and Walmart)
2. I bought a general niche domain name for about $2 from Godaddy (It had "preorders" in the
name). Godaddy lets you make as many subdomains as you want so I was able to cover both
systems with this one domain. ie... xboxone.preorders???????.com, ps4.preorders???????.com.
Each domain redirects to my "Amazon Store Product Link". Amazon Stores are very easy and free to set up.
3. Now its time to advertise and get sales... My first marketplace was Facebook. I created
an ad that told users that there was only a limited time to still purchase the console. I
said there was only 4 days left to preorder and that quantites are about to run out. I
targeted everyone that was listed on FB with xbox or ps4 listed in their interests. My ad just direct linked to my amazon link and not my Domain Name because I wanted people to think it was an ad from Amazon which they trust without much questioning. I also made 4 variations to the ad image and only kept the 2 highest converting. FB brought pre-orders everyday.
4. Next I was going to come up with a plan to tackle Youtube for this offer. This is better
if you have little to no money to start with since youtube is free to get going and requires
very little money and effort to get ranked (usually). The idea was to create review videos just talking about how great the new PS4 was going to be and other videos about the X1. I also made a few review videos for the games that will be coming out on each system. In the Videos "About section" is where I posted my purchased Domain Name linking to each console. I wont go into how to rank videos here but you can find many threads here on BHW explaining that.
5. I watched all the pre-orders coming in each day until they ran out. Once the release
date hits all of these consoles will ship and Amazon will credit me with over $4000 in sales.
This should have your minds thinking and I hope that you've even had a few ideas while reading this.
*Oh I should also note that I generated a lot of "NON-PRODUCT SALES" This is a great plus to promoting Amazon products as you'll be surprised at how many sales you get for products you aren't even promoting.
I wish everyone out there the same and even greater success than I've had.