Might not be the greatest post of all time, but I thought i would contribute on how i changed my email from Godaddy to Hostgator to avoid anyone the pain.
I was recently with Godaddy for hosting and using their website tonight template. Although great for beginners, I was seeing that Hostgator offered some hosting plans and decided to go with the baby plan for less than what i was paying with Godaddy. All in all I had email through them and as soon as I cancelled my hosting with GD, I stopped getting emails from that server.
So after taking a few steps i'll let you know how I did it.
1. You'll have to login into Godaddy and go to your control panel, Then click on Infocenter (Shown in Pic)
2. You'll need to obtain your Email server settings once you've accessed next page
3. You're going to need to login your Cpanel through Hostagor
4. Once in Cpanel go to your MX entry.
5. Once there you'll want to change the option to Remote server and enter your Server settings.
- Add your new records
- Settings can take up to 48 hours to take effect.
I had so much trouble for some reason in doing (Probably because first time) , so i wanted to show for anyone who will have to go through this process.