I'm sure many of you like myself need to manage a shitload of FTP connections for all your different websites/client sites/etc.
After just purchasing a new laptop (Asus Zenbook ) I was looking into ways to sync FileZilla across the two to save myself manually adding entries to both computers.
Using the power of DropBox you can make all instances of Filezilla draw from the same settings files meaning adding a new site one one PC will add it to all PCs. How do you do this you ask?
1. First make sure dropbox is setup on both computers. With the same folder structure. "C:\Dropbox" or "C:\Users\you\dropbox" doesn't matter as long as it's identical on both computers.
2. Create a folder in your dropbox for your FileZilla settings files
3. Go to your FileZilla installation directory and go into the docs folder and edit the fzdefaults.xml.example file in notepad.
4. <Setting name="Config Location">$SOMEDIR/filezilla/</Setting> You want to change this line (line 65 in my file) to match that filezilla folder in your dropbox.
ex. <Setting name="Config Location">C:\Dropbox\FileZilla</Setting>
5. You then need to rename the file to just fzdefaults.xml and put it into the root folder of the filezilla installation directory (where the .exe is)
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on each machine where filezilla is installed.
7. If your FileZilla on the primary computer is empty already then you should be good to go. If not export a copy of your site manager in FileZilla (File -> Export) and put it into the dropbox Filezilla folder called sitemanager.xml.
Hope this helps you out like it has done for me!