How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

 

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 45 of 261
Hey all, I am doing research for an upcoming debate and the pro and con ...
  1. #1
    dating101's Avatar
    dating101 is offline Jr. VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 299 Times in 105 Posts

    Default How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Hey all,

    I am doing research for an upcoming debate and the pro and con sides of the medicinal marijuana legalization issue and I could really use your help.

    So, if you could begin each post to this thread with the word "PRO" or "CON" and then the reasoning behind your stance, I would find it as a huge help!

    And also, feel free to engage in argument(s) with other posters (but please keep it civil).

    And also let me know your country (if outside US) and if you are outside of the US, could you let me know if marijuana is legal in your country.

    Thanks a bunch guys (and gals)!!!!!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dating101 For This Useful Post:

    bertbaby (11-15-2011), bhstudent (11-14-2011), buyk2incense (11-14-2011)




  3. #2
    danizdeman's Avatar
    danizdeman is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NJ/NY
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    1,285
    Thanked 175 Times in 86 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Pros: its better than alcohol... its good for you
    Cons: higher prices, taxes, and normal people using it.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to danizdeman For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  5. #3
    3Infidels is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 103 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Legalizing it would have many benefits such as:
    1. Less law enforcement costs - both catching people and housing them in prisons

    2. It would help the economy but generating business in many different fields, as well as taxes

    3. It would take away much of the cartels' business, resulting in less violence.

    I think the gubmint should have learned their lesson from the alcohol prohibition. If you take something away from people, they will get it anyway. You are putting business into the hands of criminals.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3Infidels For This Useful Post:

    albaniax (11-14-2011), bigballin6161 (11-15-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011), mattmichelweb (11-14-2011), purewealthinc (11-15-2011)

  7. #4
    Codythebest's Avatar
    Codythebest is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 825 Times in 219 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    That will reduce its consomation by more than 75%, as it happened in The Netherlands before...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Codythebest For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  9. #5
    Fuggz's Avatar
    Fuggz is offline Creative Viral Engineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    549
    Thanks
    268
    Thanked 492 Times in 205 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    It is very legal here in Colorado, and there have not really been any negative issues.

    I am very much in support of mj legalization, I have a card, am a caregiver and am able to grow 25 plants (anyone want to invest ). Also I have a few close friends that own dispensaries and they do very well for themselves.

    Colorado is a wierd state lately. A lot of people are supporting it instead of CA as most probable to be the first state to fully legalize, and even though there are some battles and gray areas, I have not seen any negative effects locally whatsoever!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuggz For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  11. #6
    Black.Star's Avatar
    Black.Star is offline Python Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    1,137
    Thanked 977 Times in 478 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Cause its the fcking nature.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Black.Star For This Useful Post:

    albaniax (11-14-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011), MadMX (11-26-2011), Sm_Art (11-26-2011)

  13. #7
    GreyWolf's Avatar
    GreyWolf is offline Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sitting at my PC
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,817
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,079 Posts

    Cool Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Pro: Legislation should be based on facts not political motivation.

    The sole reason marijuana was prohibited in the first place was to give the government agencies that had been established and expanded from 1919 to 1932 during alcohol prohibition a reason to continue being funded. After alcohol prohibition was ended the agencies charge with enforcing it were facing huge cutbacks. Another substance was needed to justify continued expenditures for those agencies. Do some research on Henry J. Anslinger to find more information about that point.

    Prior to the 1930s cannabis had been an active ingredient in many home remedies and patent medicines. The American Medical Association was much more focused on researching more powerful medicines derived from opiates, but they did accept that cannabis was effective for many common ailments. They didn't consider cannabis a very important or very powerful medicine, but they were also against the legislation to prohibit it. Anslinger pushed his agenda forward anyway and the 1937 Congress approved it in spite of the AMAs opposition.

    In the late 1960s, President Richard M. Nixon commissioned a report to determine how dangerous marijuana really is. After the commission completed the study their conclusion was that marijuana should be regulated rather than prohibited. When the commission presented the report to Nixon he refused to even read it. In spite of the recommendations in a report he himself commissioned, he ignored the findings and proceeded to declare a 'War on Drugs' with marijuana eradication as it's primary focus.

    Since then three other presidents have commissioned similar reports. In each case the conclusion is the same, marijuana should be regulated not prohibited. In each case the conclusions and recommendations of the commissions are ignored and more funding it given to fight the 'War on Drugs'.

    The only groups that benefit from cannabis prohibition and the 'War on Drugs' are the state and federal agencies that receive funding to enforce the laws, and the criminal gangs and organizations that control the black market. In the same way that alcohol prohibition created the market forces that allowed organized crime to establish itself in the 1920's, marijuana prohibition has fueled the continued growth of crime organizations for the last 70 years.

    The Mexican Drug Cartels have become so strong in fact they actually now control key government positions in Mexico. A lot of Americans comment about the corruption in Mexican government, but most don't understand that the U.S. 'War on Drugs' policy has been the biggest factor causing that corruption.

    In the meantime here in the U.S. rather than being infiltrated and corrupted by criminal organizations, our politicians and enforcement agencies have been corrupted by power. In the name of the 'War on Drugs' legislators have created more laws that violate the spirit of the U.S constitution in ways that would have been unthinkable a century ago. One example is asset forfeiture laws. These laws allow the government to seize property in such a way as to deny due process. The property is then sold to raise funds for the enforcement agencies themselves. So not only is due process denied, it effectively creates an unlawful tax which involves a conflict of interest for the agencies charged with enforcing it.

    Today the internet has allowed the public access to a lot more factual information, but the last four generations have been indoctrinated since a young age with the governments anti-marijuana propaganda. Even though it's easy to learn the facts, it's hard to let our early anti-drug beliefs go.

    That's a common propaganda tactic that's been used in the name of the 'War on Drugs'. Marijuana is lumped together with drugs like opium, morphine, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, LSD, etc. This effectively creates a situation in peoples minds in which ending the prohibition on marijuana is thought of as legalizing all drugs. That isn't the case, but the propagandists encourage that thought process.

    That propaganda has been so ingrained into our citizens minds makes it easier for the enforcement agencies to continue pushing their self motivated agendas. Since the original Marijuana Tax Act in 1937 effectively established the federal cannabis prohibition, law enforcement agencies have continued to push for more and stronger legislation. Today the DOJ and DEA fight every bill put forth in congress. They've stated publicly that they will fight any efforts to end prohibition.

    Think about that for a minute... Why is are enforcement agencies involving themselves in the legislative process? The legislature is charged with creating these laws, they are supposed to be representing the interests and desires of their constituents. The Justice Department is charged with enforcing those laws and the drug enforcement agencies recieve funding to enforce the laws, so there is a *big* conflict of interest for them to be exerting any influence over the legislation of those laws. So why do we as citizens allow the DOJ to exert such influence over the legislature regarding cannabis prohibition?

    Information provided by numerous medical studies, university research studies, reports commission by presidents and almost all other studies done outside of the DOJs influence conflict with the information provided by the DOJ, DEA, and FDA. Every statement issued by the DOJ, the DEA, and the FDA justifying why marijuana is so dangerous a drug should be looked at with skepticism because those agencies have an agenda not associated with what's in the best interest of U.S. citizens.

    Cannabis should be regulated and legislated on the basis of scientific and medical knowledge, not prohibited for the self-serving interests of agencies who exist at the scale they do as long as prohibition continues.

  14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GreyWolf For This Useful Post:

    chowyoungfat (01-04-2012), dannyduberstein (11-15-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011), Digital_Man (01-05-2012), djvita (11-24-2011), Fuggz (11-14-2011), ikolp (11-15-2011), JesusBack (11-14-2011), jstover77 (11-14-2011), kingfuzz (11-14-2011), ramen noodles (11-14-2011), Robby54 (11-15-2011), stoichen (11-15-2011)

  15. #8
    genesis311's Avatar
    genesis311 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 93 Times in 43 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I am not for or against the leagilization of marijuana.

    However I think the government should enforce the laws that it has in place.
    so the government needs to decide what to do.
    1 leagilaze marijuana
    OR
    2 enforce the law and arrest everyone who smokes pot.

    Its hard to see the pros of the second option

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to genesis311 For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  17. #9
    GreyWolf's Avatar
    GreyWolf is offline Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sitting at my PC
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,817
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,079 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by genesis311 View Post
    I am not for or against the leagilization of marijuana.

    However I think the government should enforce the laws that it has in place.
    so the government needs to decide what to do.
    1 leagilaze marijuana
    OR
    2 enforce the law and arrest everyone who smokes pot.

    Its hard to see the pros of the second option
    Option 2 is what the real problem is with prohibition. A total prohibition is an unworkable law.

    They tried it with alcohol and failed. The word 'scofflaw' was created during the 1920s specifically to give name to people who blatantly disregarded the prohibition law. After 70 years of prohibition on marijuana, the U.S. government still refuses to admit that this policy has failed for the same reasons alcohol prohibition failed.

    It isn't so much a matter of legalizing it completely. There still needs to be controls. The legislators just need to create laws to control it rather than prohibit it. While it still causes many problems, alcohol is under much more control than it ever was before prohibition. In fact it's actually under more control than it was even during prohibition. As it turned out regulation was more effective than prohibition.

    Marijuana could be controlled in a similar fashion. Create laws to control how, when, and by whom marijuana can be used and the arrest anyone that violates those laws. All the legislature really needs to do is end the prohibition and replace it with reasonable laws that can be justified based on the facts.

    Right now for the average underage person in the U.S. it's actually easier for them to get marijuana than it is to get alcohol. Just as with alcohol, regulation of marijuana would bring it under more governmental control than it ever has been. If they did that then for the first time the government could factually say they've made progress in winning the 'War on Drugs'.

    16 states have enacted state laws regulating marijuana use. Even Washingon DC, the seat of our federal government, has chosen to regulate rather than prohibit. Yet the federal government responds by threatening the state and county governments over any workable regulation. It's time for the federal government to end prohibition and give control back to the states where it belongs.

    One of the biggest peacetime economic factors that brought the U.S out of the Great Depression was the end of alcohol prohibition. Similarly in our current time ending marijuana prohibition could stop a lot of needless spending on enforcement of the law, and at the same time bring in a lot of much needed tax revenues from regulating it's use and distribution.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to GreyWolf For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  19. #10
    poweronics's Avatar
    poweronics is offline Jr. VIP
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,114
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 328 Times in 301 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    One of my friend, who is a doctor told that smoking marijuana cause in lowering the blood pressure and slowing heart beat. Further it affect your lungs strongly. Every country have their laws that are made after research and debates. I strongly disagrees of your idea of legalization of marijuana.
    Last edited by poweronics; 11-14-2011 at 06:26 AM.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poweronics For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), EricVerducci (11-15-2011), zohail (01-02-2012)

  21. #11
    sqhunter's Avatar
    sqhunter is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    388
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 260 Times in 74 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I was smoking my brains out between 17-26. Looking back it cost me precious years as it dumbs you down very much and will over time destroy your personal development besides the rest of your life. Just try to smoke every day, then write up a letter and post it..

    Ok, maybe its just my exp, but i am VERY MUCH AGAINS MJ and would recommend getting drunk on weekends instead, at least you wont degenerate into a dumb laughing retard.. among friends staring at a TV and talking shit all day.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to sqhunter For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  23. #12
    dev_masta's Avatar
    dev_masta is offline Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    GMT +1
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    PRO

    Why ?
    I suffer from BAP and let me tell you, there is no better medicine than THC.
    All the pills the doctors gave me made me half a person I really am, slow, drooling, could easily say - retarded.
    Only when I smoke marijuana, I feel "normal", hey, at least I am able to speak normally.
    I am able to function 100%, learn, laugh, socialize, no tremendous ups and downs.

    Please make it legal in my country, I don't want to have problems with the law only because I want to feel better!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to dev_masta For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  25. #13
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I live in BC, Canada so Marijuana use is very common here even in public places. It is decriminalized so you can't get arrested for smoking it in public.

    Cons:
    Marijuana smells bad. Whenever I smell it, I want to vomit.

    Many people who I interact with when they are under the influence of Marijuana react bizarrely to simple situations. They seem to not care about consequences of their actions as much, similarly to when someone is drunk. This worries me of course because they may make decisions which could have severe effects on themselves and others around them.

    Some people sell drugs for a living. This is their profession. People believe simply if you make Marijuana sales legally available, then people will stop being criminals. This is wishful thinking, and I doubt it is a realistic scenario. If Marijuana is no longer a lucrative businesses for Drug Dealers, they may move on to pushing other substances.

    My friends smoke so much marijuana, that they do not get the same high from it anymore, so they have had to move on to other drugs in order to get a decent feeling. I feel this would be a much more common scenario if Marijuana use is treated as a normal habit.

    My friends who smoke marijuana can't stop coughing and choking all of the time. They sound like they have chronic bronchitis and I am sure this will have long term effects on their overall health.

    Many people who I know who smoke marijuana try to force others to do it also even against their own will. I have had this happen several times to me, and even been threatened with violence if I didn't do it. I feel that people will try to convince others to smoke it even more if it becomes legally available because they will use the legalization as an excuse.

    I have smoked marijuana 3 times in life all against my will (as noted, threats of violence and other situations which are difficult to explain). I didn't get any positive effect from it. My lungs burned very badly and I smelled horrible. It was a very negative experience.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kickflip For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), hateandbreak (11-14-2011)

  27. #14
    GreyWolf's Avatar
    GreyWolf is offline Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sitting at my PC
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,817
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,079 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by sqhunter View Post
    I was smoking my brains out between 17-26. Looking back it cost me precious years as it dumbs you down very much and will over time destroy your personal development besides the rest of your life. Just try to smoke every day, then write up a letter and post it..

    Ok, maybe its just my exp, but i am VERY MUCH AGAINS MJ and would recommend getting drunk on weekends instead, at least you wont degenerate into a dumb laughing retard.. among friends staring at a TV and talking shit all day.
    Two things about that.

    One, what you're describing is recreational use. There's a difference between getting blazed all the time and just using it to feel better.

    Second, You really recommend getting drunk on weekends instead because you 'wont degenerate into a dumb laughing retard..'? Let me tell you, I know a lot of people that do exactly that. They get shitfaced drunk on the weekends and when they do they become idiots. Not only that but a lot of them get belligerent and get into fights as well. That's something a lot more common for someone that gets drunk than it is for someone that gets high.



    So, it definitely might be something you don't for yourself. But just because it didn't have a positive effect in your life or for someone you know, is that a reason to prohibit everyone from using it?

    That's exactly the argument that was used by prohibitionists regarding alcohol at the end of the 19th century, yet alcohol prohibition still turned out to be a failed policy.

    Just like anything else, it might be better for some people to stay away from it. But that doesn't justify a prohibition. There are things in which it is good to protect people from themselves, but cannabis use isn't one of them. Cannabis has too many positive uses, and can be used by most people as responsibly as alcohol is used. In fact it actually has many more benefits than alcohol does and much less negatives.

    I personally don't use marijuana very often and I never get blazed. I also don't drink very often and when I do I seldom get shitfaced. I typically only use enough to barely get high whether it's alcohol or marijuana. The experience you described for yourself is totally different than it is for me.

    If you don't want to use it for yourself, I totally respect your right to not use it. I would never try to force it on you. I also think that just because you don't like it yourself, I wouldn't want you to decide for me whether I can use it or not. So it appalls me that our government chooses to deny me the use of a natural substance, with the justification it can cause problems for some people that might use it. Especially since they do allow other things that can cause similar and in some cases even worse problems.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreyWolf For This Useful Post:

    albaniax (11-14-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011)

  29. #15
    antsaoo's Avatar
    antsaoo is offline Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 592 Times in 417 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I don't understand why everyone most of the time just speak of smoking weed if it gets legalized.

    Ofcource is good medicine for many things. But also you can use it for bio diesel(maybe other gas stuff) better than the oil palms, good fibers for paper and clothing. We can also Burn it for energy. Also the seeds are really good for eating. Weed is good for the land and also can handle lots of co2 + Grows lots faster than trees.


    This is business forum for fuck sake

    ps. i don't smoke weed, its boring as fuck. i like mushooms <3

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antsaoo For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), hfcorreia (11-28-2011)

  31. #16
    joaquin112's Avatar
    joaquin112 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queretaro!
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 212 Times in 73 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Well this is definitely a complicated issue with a lot of opposing views. I'm all for freedom and letting people do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. Make marijuana legal, but just like cigarettes ban it in public places, etc... That's just what I think anyway.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joaquin112 For This Useful Post:

    antsaoo (11-14-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011), dgaunn4114 (01-09-2012), jazzc (11-14-2011)

  33. #17
    madoctopus's Avatar
    madoctopus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 920 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    @GreyWolf - Let's not forget Big Pharma and The Church who both have high stakes in keeping Marijuana illegal. And other interesting drugs too (Salvinorin A, DMT).

    Thing is pretty much every medicine has a lethal dose. 5000 people die every year from Aspirin (to some people it burns through the stomach membrane, being an acid). Marijuana has no lethal dose. No matter how much you consume you don't die. Coffee, alcohol, nicotine, aspirin, etc. all have a lethal dose.

    The reason I think ALL SUBSTANCES should be legal is because I think it is my right not to be denied anything. You can inform people of the bad effects of a substance but you have no right to deny them a substance. Think about it - Sulfuric Acid is legal right? If you put a drop on your skin it will burn through it. Rat poison is legal, mosquito sprays are legal. Nobody inhales those, right? It's just dumb to deny access to something with the excuse "it's for your own good". Who the fuck are you to decide that for me?!

    You used to consume drugs and fucked up your life? Let me tell you something. The drugs didn't fucked up your life. YOU DID! With or without drugs you would have still managed to screw yourself up. It's because you're frickin' weak and don't think. Don't blame a substance when it was YOU who took the decision to consume it. It's like saying electricity is bad and we shouldn't use it because you put a nail in the wall socket and electrocuted yourself. Seriously, accept responsibility and stop blaming others or situations. I hear many people saying that they smoked Marihuana and got dumb. Well, for some people it has that effect. There are others who smoked it every day for 40 years and didn't got dumber. There are some people who won the Nobel Prize because of stuff they discovered while high on Marihuana. They even admitted they would have probably never discovered those things if not high. Smoke it - you don't feel good from it, stop. It's simple, isn't it?

    That being said there are kids who get in shit and end up with personal tragedies, in juvenile detention or in jail because they are caught with Marihuana. You think that's normal or constructive? People get drunk and start fights, pay a fine and everybody forgets. You are caught with pot on yourself and even though you did no harm you will live for the rest of your life with that "badge".

    Then again, most people are just plain thick. It amuses me when they complain their lives suck. Guess why that is? Because you're thick and prefer to believe whatever you're fed with because it's easier, instead of chasing the truth. Thumbs up to GreyWolf for actually doing research on the subject. Maybe you give us some links to learn more. I'm always hungry for facts.

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to madoctopus For This Useful Post:

    albaniax (11-14-2011), Black.Star (11-14-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011), dogwalker (11-15-2011), gehashel (11-14-2011), jazzc (11-14-2011), Robby54 (11-15-2011), stoichen (11-15-2011)

  35. #18
    jazzc's Avatar
    jazzc is offline Programming & Web Design Moderator black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    5,904
    Thanked 6,793 Times in 2,404 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by genesis311 View Post
    However I think the government should enforce the laws that it has in place.
    so the government needs to decide what to do.
    No government can do that in the real world

    When something is wanted by many (good or bad regardless), governments are unable to enforce a law, for the simple reason that governments are based on people and people are by nature corrupt(able).

    That is why control is better than prohibition. People are much more likely to support control and thus make the government 's regulations successful.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzc For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  37. #19
    jazzc's Avatar
    jazzc is offline Programming & Web Design Moderator black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    5,904
    Thanked 6,793 Times in 2,404 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    Some people sell drugs for a living. This is their profession. People believe simply if you make Marijuana sales legally available, then people will stop being criminals. This is wishful thinking, and I doubt it is a realistic scenario. If Marijuana is no longer a lucrative businesses for Drug Dealers, they may move on to pushing other substances.
    You forget the laws of supply and demand. If 100 people want and illegal product A and 10 people want an illegal product B, there are say 10 vendors for A and 1 vendor for B.

    Legalizing A, will not cause demand for product B to rise, thus there will still be viable supply of 1 vendor. The rest will either go legal business (=tax) or go out of business.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzc For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  39. #20
    jazzc's Avatar
    jazzc is offline Programming & Web Design Moderator black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    5,904
    Thanked 6,793 Times in 2,404 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by madoctopus View Post
    Thing is pretty much every medicine has a lethal dose.
    You can even get poisoned by too much water! (dilutes the blood).

    You used to consume drugs and fucked up your life? Let me tell you something. The drugs didn't fucked up your life. YOU DID!
    That 's full of win

    Seriously, accept responsibility and stop blaming others or situations.
    To many men want a daddy. Now, that would not be bad in the case of cute blond chicks , but for guys? People need to grow some balls and accept responsibility.

    Then again, most people are just plain thick. It amuses me when they complain their lives suck. Guess why that is? Because you're thick and prefer to believe whatever you're fed with because it's easier, instead of chasing the truth. Thumbs up to GreyWolf for actually doing research on the subject. Maybe you give us some links to learn more. I'm always hungry for facts.
    Win again

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzc For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  41. #21
    sqhunter's Avatar
    sqhunter is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    388
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 260 Times in 74 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Your oh so advanced and mature conclusions may not dawn in a teenagers mind. And that is why alcohol and MJ should stay restricted from kids the best possible way.
    Once your own kid gets addicted and retards from smoking dope you may consider you super-liberal opinions. Scientific evidence? thats never a proof everything can be manipulated, only depends whos paying for the research.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to sqhunter For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  43. #22
    antsaoo's Avatar
    antsaoo is offline Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 592 Times in 417 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    Cons:
    Marijuana smells bad. Whenever I smell it, I want to vomit.
    Many people who I interact with when they are under the influence of Marijuana react bizarrely to simple situations. They seem to not care about consequences of their actions as much, similarly to when someone is drunk. This worries me of course because they may make decisions which could have severe effects on themselves and others around them.
    Nothing to say about this really

    Some people sell drugs for a living. This is their profession. People believe simply if you make Marijuana sales legally available, then people will stop being criminals. This is wishful thinking, and I doubt it is a realistic scenario. If Marijuana is no longer a lucrative businesses for Drug Dealers, they may move on to pushing other substances.

    Well if people can get their weed legally it will def make the thresold to try other drugs higher since you have not done anything illegal and don't need to hang around people who do other drugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    My friends smoke so much marijuana, that they do not get the same high from it anymore, so they have had to move on to other drugs in order to get a decent feeling. I feel this would be a much more common scenario if Marijuana use is treated as a normal habit.
    I think thats kind of bs. People who get in trouble like that and move on other drugs often are those who sit around and have nothing to do so they smoke. Some people drink instead. Also legalization doesn't mean it will be like having dinner and you have to do it everyday. The worst thing is he company of people who are drug addicts they tend to pull people with them. Thats why i do my drugs at home.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    My friends who smoke marijuana can't stop coughing and choking all of the time. They sound like they have chronic bronchitis and I am sure this will have long term effects on their overall health.
    Well you could always use vaporizer or eat , but your are right smoking lots and lots is not that healthy. But smoking once a week or so i doubt theres any problems. Wonder what all stuff you inhale when walking in city and all cars driving around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    Many people who I know who smoke marijuana try to force others to do it also even against their own will. I have had this happen several times to me, and even been threatened with violence if I didn't do it. I feel that people will try to convince others to smoke it even more if it becomes legally available because they will use the legalization as an excuse.
    Well great friends you have. Idiots are always idiots. Maybe they try make you use it so you would understand that its not that bad thing and agree on legalization.[/QUOTE]


    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    I have smoked marijuana 3 times in life all against my will (as noted, threats of violence and other situations which are difficult to explain). I didn't get any positive effect from it. My lungs burned very badly and I smelled horrible. It was a very negative experience.
    That sucks. next time i would suggest tell them that you don't want if they want hit you then just leave and tell them to go suck dick.
    Last edited by antsaoo; 11-14-2011 at 08:19 AM.

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antsaoo For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), GreyWolf (11-14-2011)

  45. #23
    Abstroose's Avatar
    Abstroose is online now Jr. Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked 3,144 Times in 911 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I don't care what anyone says about it doesn't have any negative effects on you, because I've experienced first-hand how it starts to make you feel slow and forgetful. I smoked it every day for a few years when I was 14-18 and quit it completely, because I was sick of waking up in the morning and not remembering shit from the day before (I'm talking about after not smoking for a week). It affected my short-term memory even when I wasn't smoking it.

  46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abstroose For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), Kickflip (11-14-2011), sqhunter (11-14-2011)

  47. #24
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzc View Post
    You forget the laws of supply and demand. If 100 people want and illegal product A and 10 people want an illegal product B, there are say 10 vendors for A and 1 vendor for B.

    Legalizing A, will not cause demand for product B to rise, thus there will still be viable supply of 1 vendor. The rest will either go legal business (=tax) or go out of business.
    The demand is created by the Vendors. If someone tells you that you want something that you didn't know about before, then the demand for it goes from non-existent to existent. By legalizing it, you are going to create more vendors and more demand. Do you think that the supply and demand ratio will coincidentally stay the same?

    There will be a higher demand.
    There will be higher amount of vendors.
    The cost of production will go down.
    The cost of the product will go down.
    Most likely the same people who are profiting from it now, will not be the same ones profiting when it becomes legal.

    This is the common scenario of when "supply and demand" leads to a new more profitable product coming available on the market. If I invent an MP3 player, everyone wants one, but I price them too high for most to get. A competitor comes along and offers the same MP3 player, for half the price. There is still demand, but my profit per sale has gone down. So now I am doing twice the work to earn the same. So instead, I offer a Video MP3 Player, and once again I have less competitors, and I can charge very high, and work less for high profits.

    Gangs who control the supply of the marijuana currently will not just "go out of business" or go legit and pay tax. They WILL push harder drugs and commit other crimes because they are a gang. That is what gangs do. They need money to operate.

    Now Pro-Marijuana supporters will come and tell me "But crime is actually lower in states like California since allowing people to get Marijuana with Doctors Notes" (or whatever the law is) and I will respond with yes, and crime is actually lower in states where they have the toughest laws on Marijuana too! And I would actually say that the crime rates in states like Florida and Louisiana, which from my brief research are 2 of the toughest on Marijuana law, have dropped at a higher rate than California has.

    What is your guys stance on Legalizing the growing and possession of "Magic Mushrooms"?
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kickflip For This Useful Post:

    Abstroose (11-14-2011), dating101 (11-14-2011)

  49. #25
    jazzc's Avatar
    jazzc is offline Programming & Web Design Moderator black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    5,904
    Thanked 6,793 Times in 2,404 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    @kickflip

    Your argument is flawed by the first statement. Demand is not created by vendors. Demand can only be spiked by vendors short-term (advertisement).

    Legalization will of course create bigger demand at first, as it will be a new legally accessible market forcing its way to equilibrium.

    Just because criminals will wish to push harder drags, it does not mean people follow.
    And you can easily get practical examples of why this is true.

    Did the legalization of Marijuana in Netherlands (or anywhere else) move the previously illegal users to harder drags?
    Did the legalization of alcohol move the previously illegal users to harder drugs?
    Ha smoking led the way to harder drugs?

  50. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzc For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011)

  51. #26
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by antsaoo View Post
    Well if people can get their weed legally it will def make the thresold to try other drugs higher since you have not done anything illegal and don't need to hang around people who do other drugs.

    I think thats kind of bs. People who get in trouble like that and move on other drugs often are those who sit around and have nothing to do so they smoke. Some people drink instead. Also legalization doesn't mean it will be like having dinner and you have to do it everyday. The worst thing is he company of people who are drug addicts they tend to pull people with them. Thats why i do my drugs at home.
    People do drugs because they make them feel great while doing them. If you smoke weed, and you feel good, and your friend tells you to pop some pills, you will feel good, you don't think someone is more likely to do it? Most every person I know who used to smoke weed and do other drugs admits that they moved onto trying other drugs because people either: Gave it to them while they were high or Told them that if they liked weed, they would LOVE trying Mushrooms/Acid. So they did it.

    If something isn't illegal, more people will feel open to trying it. If more people are trying weed, more people will get hooked on using weed and make it a part of their daily habits. When people sit around and drink and abuse alcohol, they KNOW they are doing something wrong. I don't know any drunks who sit around and try to morally justify their right to abuse alcohol. I do however know plenty of people who try to justify abusing marijuana, saying "You can never OD on it! You can smoke it as much as you want!" So pro-marijuana supporters are encouraging people to smoke it as much as they want with seemingly no negative effects.

    Except, as noted, there are plenty of negative effects that the pro-marijuana crowd never tells anyone.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  52. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kickflip For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-14-2011), kirkonpolttaja (11-14-2011)

  53. #27
    kirkonpolttaja's Avatar
    kirkonpolttaja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 638 Times in 296 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    People do drugs because they make them feel great while doing them. If you smoke weed, and you feel good, and your friend tells you to pop some pills, you will feel good, you don't think someone is more likely to do it? Most every person I know who used to smoke weed and do other drugs admits that they moved onto trying other drugs because people either: Gave it to them while they were high or Told them that if they liked weed, they would LOVE trying Mushrooms/Acid. So they did it.

    If something isn't illegal, more people will feel open to trying it. If more people are trying weed, more people will get hooked on using weed and make it a part of their daily habits. When people sit around and drink and abuse alcohol, they KNOW they are doing something wrong. I don't know any drunks who sit around and try to morally justify their right to abuse alcohol. I do however know plenty of people who try to justify abusing marijuana, saying &quot;You can never OD on it! You can smoke it as much as you want!&quot; So pro-marijuana supporters are encouraging people to smoke it as much as they want with seemingly no negative effects.

    Except, as noted, there are plenty of negative effects that the pro-marijuana crowd never tells anyone.
    100% true. I abuse alcohol and i know i drink too much and should cut down... so i'm gonna do that after i get some fungi
    I havent never understand MJ cause it doesnt effect me that well, i dont get any feelings otherthan pain in my lungs... I took 2g hash RAW from water bucket type of auto-bong (container with water and hole on bottom of bucket, bowl on-top, water draws out and "inhales" from bowl automatically for you) and didnt feel anything... it did not give me any head rush or something similiar, i only felt that my hair was one solid lump of chocolate lmao. So it was not that special or good experience. My friends who smoke MJ and grow it... well when they have harvest, you can tell it is harvest day cause you wont hear about them for a month and when i do "wow man i was waking and baking... damn i lost my job" is very common to hear cause they will have easily over 10 oz.

    But i'm pro-fungi, pros:
    - You CANT (well some hippies i know can...) take it more than once a few weeks, you are fullfilled after 6h trip and you dont feel like taking more.
    - No hangover - No addiction as you dont feel like you would like to have more in short period of time.
    - Toxicity... aspirin is way more toxic than mushrooms! weird isnt it
    - Enlightment, you should see your life in many new perspectives after few trips, you will be thankful for stuff you have and what you have accomplished.
    - Mushroom trip is like a mentor, when i had lazy ass time in my life few years ago, trip made me feel bad about my attitude and i promised for myself to do better in life, i had semi-bad trip when i started thinking about my life. (bad trips are pros if you can handle your emotions and way you think)
    - New studies shows that taking mushrooms makes people more positive and happier in life as it produces happy-chemicals in your brain.
    - Fungi is healthy

    There is alot more pros out there but here is cons:
    - People who tend to overuse and abuse toxicants horribly, is very aggressive and uses other drugs (meth and other NO!-drugs) will most likely freak out and kill themselfs or someone else.
    - For some people bad trip is bad trip, they dont take it as learning experience.
    - You should not use mushrooms if you have mental problems like that your depressed all the time, you will be more depressed.
    - You shouldnt use mushrooms if you are in a bad mood.



    extra hint... if you get your attention away from colours and you have possibility to have sex, DO IT!!! make sure you have many bottles of water near you as you can easily go on for many, many hours

    So my plan is to reduce significantly my drinking by taking fungi now and then to fullfill my "toxicant needs"....
    Last edited by kirkonpolttaja; 11-14-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: damn typos and spacing

  54. #28
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzc View Post
    @kickflip

    Your argument is flawed by the first statement. Demand is not created by vendors. Demand can only be spiked by vendors short-term (advertisement).

    Just because criminals will wish to push harder drags, it does not mean people follow.
    And you can easily get practical examples of why this is true.

    Did the legalization of Marijuana in Netherlands (or anywhere else) move the previously illegal users to harder drugs?
    Did the legalization of alcohol move the previously illegal users to harder drugs?
    Has smoking led the way to harder drugs?
    I don't understand how you can say its flawed, and then give an example where it is true. I will give you an example using advertisement to create demand. McDonalds Coffee. McDonalds routinely has promotions where they give away free Coffee. They want to get people hooked on their Coffee so they will make it part of their every day routine. I know plenty of people who preferred their regular Tim Hortons Coffee, but now that they are hooked on McDonalds Coffee. Now McDonalds starts charging money again, and people still go because they are hooked.

    How is that different than a Drug Dealer pushing drugs? Give them a taste for free and they will come back for more.

    Please inform me what year you would like me to get you statistics on regarding the use of other drugs in the Netherlands and any other country. Or maybe YOU can provide ME with statistics that back up your claim that drug use hasn't risen recently in the Netherlands, and then I can show you more information that you maybe weren't aware of regarding that matter.

    You guys see statistics as so black and white that if something is in your favor, you ignore any other possible reasons for things happening.

    Let me give you an example:
    2012. Weed is made legal in New York City. Crime drops 20% overall.
    2012. New York City allocates millions of dollars to helping drug addicts kick their habits.
    Now, to a Pro-Marijuana supporter, the ONLY statistic they care about if the 20% overall drop in Crime. The other thing just was a coincidence, and not the other way around.

    And this may seem like I am making up some fantasy bull crap, but I am not. As I previously stated. Crime over the last 2 years has dropped at a higher rate in Florida than it has in California. From 2009 to 2010 Violent Crimes fell 12% in Florida and only 8% in California.

    Can you show me a legitimate study which tests whether the majority of people who do hard drugs did not smoke cigarettes previous to starting hard drugs? Can you link me to a similar study relating to alcohol which shows that more hard drug users never drank alocohol? Or are you asking me a question which there is no evidence of either way and is only based on your opinion? I would certainly say that people who have smoked cigarettes and/or drank alcohol in the past are more likely to do harder drugs than people who have NEVER smoked cigarettes and/or drank alcohol, but I have no evidence of that, just my opinion from my own observations.

    From my personal experience: The people who I know who do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, have never tried drugs. The people who I know who HAVE done harder drugs, have all been smokers and drank alcohol on a regular basis before trying drugs. Is your personal experiences or do you have any studies contrary to that?
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  55. #29
    madoctopus's Avatar
    madoctopus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 920 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    @Kickflip - so how exactly does keeping it illegal help anybody? I'm not saying it is good for everybody or in any quantity or with any frequency. I am saying there is a HUGE problem with stronger drugs and not because the drugs are bad but because people are idiots. That's a fact no matter how much you want to twist it. I smoked a couple of times and I did it because i wanted to not because it happened to be at a party or something. I smoked it because before I watched 5 documentaries about drugs and read through 3 books and about 50 web pages about the subject, effects, side effects, etc. I knew what it is and what it can happen. I took a decision knowing what the fuck i'm putting in my body not because it was cool, helped me integrate in a social group or because others did it. Problem is most people do drugs for the worst reasons. I could write pages about how a young person can be "pushed" by the social system and lack of communication towards drugs. Some people would eat rat poison just to be accepted in a social group and not feel lonely and marginalized anymore. I am not very familiar with those college brotherhoods or whatever they're called where the hotshots make the idiot newcomers go through this "initiation process" in order to be accepted (I'm thinking of those Sigma-Kappa-Pi things like in American Pie). I do know that is at every age and every level in a form or other. Parents think they communicate with their kids but they don't. Then you hear them "oh my kid does drugs, how can i help him, oh uh". You can't help him! You might have had a chance if you would have been so close so when he did his first puff he came and told you like he tells a buddy of same age. And you didn't behaved like a superior prick (a.k.a. parent) but as a friend. That way he would have grown to be your friend and know he can talk anything, and I mean anything, with you. And you would have had a chance of him listening to you if you had some common sense in what you said not just being against everything he wants to try or do. And maybe just because you had a great relationship you would have thought him that impressing other kids is the least constructive thing he can do for his life and social status in his group. But wait, you don't know shit about any of this because you're just a brainwashed, faded shadow who just follows whatever others tell you. You don't even need somebody to convince you that crap tastes great. All you need is a damn TV and if you watch it enough it's enough to make you believe anything and question nothing. Just to be completely clear here in case there was any doubt, I am not referring in any way to Kickflip but this is how I see most parents. I don't have kids but I really hope I will be able to go over my ego and teach them to use their heads. In the end all you can do is do your best to teach your kids how to use their heads. You can't control them and you can't keep an eye on them all the time. All you can hope for is that they have a healthy mindset by the time they get exposed to the really bad things in life (and I'm not referring to drugs here because there are much worst things IMO).

    The ideal society is that in which people do not need rules and laws, not one where there's a law for everything. Laws don't stop people from doing bad things to each other. They just determine who gets burned alive for what he did. If somebody hurts somebody dear to you I am pretty sure the fact he will spend 5 years in jail doesn't make you feel better. Laws have never been and will never be made for your well being but in order to control you. That includes keeping you in line when you would normally demand explanations about why you don't have everything you need. Because you should have everything you need. You don't because the people who give the laws abuse you or are incapable morons. Theoretically, they work for your well being. Even a bunch of kids would eventually figure out a system that would be fair. But hey, they never tried to make your life easy, they just abuse you and pass laws to make you think if you don't shut up and eat that BS you're against society. Oh, for those who aren't with me anymore, I recommend - Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine, Quiet Rage (The Stanford Prison Experiment) [documentary], The Power of Nightmares [documentary] and Tom & Jerry [cartoons]. The latter because you're too fucking serious. There, smoke some pot and watch Tom & Jerry hahaha.



  56. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madoctopus For This Useful Post:

    albaniax (11-14-2011), antsaoo (11-14-2011), chowyoungfat (01-04-2012)

  57. #30
    madoctopus's Avatar
    madoctopus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 920 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    @kirkonpolttaja - maybe you should read about Salvinorin A (Salvia Divinorum) and DMT/Dimethyltriptamine (Ahuyasca) if you're interested in the spiritual aspect. There's a nice documentary - thespiritmolecule.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoOEozN8iA

  58. #31
    madoctopus's Avatar
    madoctopus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 920 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    From my personal experience: The people who I know who do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, have never tried drugs. The people who I know who HAVE done harder drugs, have all been smokers and drank alcohol on a regular basis before trying drugs. Is your personal experiences or do you have any studies contrary to that?
    Explanation to that, from what I understand, has to do with genetic predisposition to drug consumption and addiction. In other words some people are genetically attracted towards consuming stuff that makes them feel good (all substances trigger production of dopamine in the brain - from eating a good food to doing meth, you end up with dopamine being produced in the brain). People who are not predisposed will obviously still become addicted if they consume frequently, over a longer period of time, however they just don't have an initial native attraction as the others.

    That aside, there's also a psychological aspect - one that has to do with mindset and how you think. I think this one is quite important because it makes you have strong feelings against anything that is not food & water or it allows you to be quite flexible and open minded towards experimenting stuff.

    What I don't like with the studies however is about the gateway drug theory studies. They take N folks who do cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. They ask them with what they started. Obviously they answer Marihuana. From there they conclude what is called a fallacy - if you smoke marihuana you will end up consuming harder drugs. Accurate/fair/correct way would be to find N people who smoke marihuana and ask them how many of them do hard drugs. However, as GreyWolf said, accuracy/fairness is not always wished for. Basically the way they do the studies is like figuring out that all 3 serial killers who operated in NYC kidnapped their victims by posing as taxi drivers. From that they deduct that every taxi driver in NYC will soon become a serial killer.

  59. #32
    Abstroose's Avatar
    Abstroose is online now Jr. Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked 3,144 Times in 911 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by madoctopus View Post
    @kirkonpolttaja - maybe you should read about Salvinorin A (Salvia Divinorum) and DMT/Dimethyltriptamine (Ahuyasca) if you're interested in the spiritual aspect. There's a nice documentary - thespiritmolecule.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoOEozN8iA
    DMT is the most incredible thing I've ever experienced.

  60. The Following User Says Thank You to Abstroose For This Useful Post:

    Fuggz (11-14-2011)

  61. #33
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by kal123 View Post
    If it's legalized it will highly reduce criminal activity.
    Any proof or just stating your opinion as known fact?

    Quote Originally Posted by madoctopus View Post
    What I don't like with the studies however is about the gateway drug theory studies. They take N folks who do cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. They ask them with what they started. Obviously they answer Marihuana. From there they conclude what is called a fallacy - if you smoke marihuana you will end up consuming harder drugs. Accurate/fair/correct way would be to find N people who smoke marihuana and ask them how many of them do hard drugs. However, as GreyWolf said, accuracy/fairness is not always wished for. Basically the way they do the studies is like figuring out that all 3 serial killers who operated in NYC kidnapped their victims by posing as taxi drivers. From that they deduct that every taxi driver in NYC will soon become a serial killer.
    So do you think the government should have any laws at all? Should any drugs be illegal or should all drugs be legalized in your opinion? Also, this is exactly my point. Can you show me any unbias study that talks about the benefits of using Marijuana? I can find you a study full of benefits of nearly anything, but how about showing me a study that covers both the positive AND negative effects of Marijuana use.

    I just don't see how someone can be pro-marijuana but anti magic mushrooms or steroids. Do you Pro-Marijuana guys ALL agree that the government shouldn't impose legal standards on Magic Mushrooms and Anabolic Steroids any harsher than Cigarettes and Alcohol?
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  62. #34
    jazzc's Avatar
    jazzc is offline Programming & Web Design Moderator black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    5,904
    Thanked 6,793 Times in 2,404 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    I will give you an example using advertisement to create demand. McDonalds Coffee. McDonalds routinely has promotions where they give away free Coffee. They want to get people hooked on their Coffee so they will make it part of their every day routine. I know plenty of people who preferred their regular Tim Hortons Coffee, but now that they are hooked on McDonalds Coffee. Now McDonalds starts charging money again, and people still go because they are hooked.
    So, what you are effectively saying is that people that wanted coffee changed their brand of choice via up-sell marketing. How did this create demand for coffee?

    How is that different than a Drug Dealer pushing drugs? Give them a taste for free and they will come back for more.
    Would they come for more if it did not suit them (i.e. demand)? (see below)

    Demand means need. A product fills a need. Suppose I love drinks and I had never drank a Mohito. After I drink it for the first time, two things will happen:
    a) It will fill my drinking needs so I will drink more of it.
    b) It will not, so I will continue drinking Vodka.
    In both cases, there is my underlying need (demand) for booze.

    Please inform me what year you would like me to get you statistics on regarding the use of other drugs in the Netherlands and any other country.
    If I was interested to disprove my claim, I 'd take X years of statistics before the legalization and X after and compare averages. Then I 'd consider if the numbers can give me a strong indication regarding the argument. But it 's your quest for the truth

    Or maybe YOU can provide ME with statistics that back up your claim that drug use hasn't risen recently in the Netherlands, and then I can show you more information that you maybe weren't aware of regarding that matter.
    You are debating my point. If it was somehow obviously wrong you would not need to look up statistics, so the burden is on you

    You guys see statistics as so black and white that if something is in your favor, you ignore any other possible reasons for things happening.
    I 've taught Statistics in University level, so I 'm quite sure I can evaluate the methodology of any given paper.

    And this may seem like I am making up some fantasy bull crap, but I am not. As I previously stated. Crime over the last 2 years has dropped at a higher rate in Florida than it has in California. From 2009 to 2010 Violent Crimes fell 12% in Florida and only 8% in California.
    And here you going misusing statistics. The above is meaningless to the conversation unless you provide the percentage of crime (some correlation on volume) that is caused by Marijuana illegality.

    Can you show me a legitimate study which tests whether the majority of people who do hard drugs did not smoke cigarettes previous to starting hard drugs?
    No, but I can show you a legitimate study that test whether the majority of people who do hard drugs had consumed water previous to starting hard drags.

    Statistical correlation does not imply causality!

    I would certainly say that people who have smoked cigarettes and/or drank alcohol in the past are more likely to do harder drugs than people who have NEVER smoked cigarettes and/or drank alcohol, but I have no evidence of that, just my opinion from my own observations.
    Exactly. Same argument goes with Marijuana...
    (I took the liberty of adding the underline)

    From my personal experience: The people who I know who do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, have never tried drugs. The people who I know who HAVE done harder drugs, have all been smokers and drank alcohol on a regular basis before trying drugs. Is your personal experiences or do you have any studies contrary to that?
    Again, correlation without causality. I do not smoke because I dislike the smoke. That does not mean I do not do drugs because I do not smoke

    I know hundreds of people smoking. A few do weed, and much fewer do the occasional lsd trip. But that means nothing in terms of causality.

    That train of though is as absurd as claiming that axes should be banned because nobody you know that does not own an ax, has even chopped off a head
    Last edited by jazzc; 11-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.

  63. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzc For This Useful Post:

    Fuggz (11-14-2011)

  64. #35
    shaddelick's Avatar
    shaddelick is offline Jr. VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 119 Times in 88 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abstroose View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about it doesn't have any negative effects on you, because I've experienced first-hand how it starts to make you feel slow and forgetful. I smoked it every day for a few years when I was 14-18 and quit it completely, because I was sick of waking up in the morning and not remembering shit from the day before (I'm talking about after not smoking for a week). It affected my short-term memory even when I wasn't smoking it.
    Must have been smoking the dirty weed people be selling on the street.

    I dont smoke weed, but If it becomes legal i will start growing it myself and drinking it as a tea

  65. #36
    jonnyquest is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Island Time
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 439 Times in 125 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Think it is more about de-criminalization...way too many people in jail over petty pot charges...should be allowed to grow 2-3 plants...keep the same laws for trafficking
    and DUI
    Last edited by jonnyquest; 11-14-2011 at 12:09 PM.

  66. #37
    antsaoo's Avatar
    antsaoo is offline Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 592 Times in 417 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
    Any proof or just stating your opinion as known fact?



    So do you think the government should have any laws at all? Should any drugs be illegal or should all drugs be legalized in your opinion? Also, this is exactly my point. Can you show me any unbias study that talks about the benefits of using Marijuana? I can find you a study full of benefits of nearly anything, but how about showing me a study that covers both the positive AND negative effects of Marijuana use.

    I just don't see how someone can be pro-marijuana but anti magic mushrooms or steroids. Do you Pro-Marijuana guys ALL agree that the government shouldn't impose legal standards on Magic Mushrooms and Anabolic Steroids any harsher than Cigarettes and Alcohol?
    I would legalize weed, mushrooms, DMT, LSD, Exctacy, and substances from plants. But not amfetamine, meth, research chem, heroin or w/e there are. Most plants are spychedelics though with some stimulants. Coca leafs would be ok but maybe not cocaine. I don't know about steroids...

    Also i doubt you will find study with all the pros and cons in same sturdy. BUT i can show you 2 studies which 1 has pros other one cons. I bet you know what benefits weed can give people with medical use, industrial use.

  67. #38
    mightybh's Avatar
    mightybh is offline ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,031
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 1,672 Times in 411 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I wish I could find the article... Some time back in the 70s there was a trial clinic created in UK. Was it in Brighton? I can't remember. Anyhow, it was a place where addicts could go to and get drugs safely administered to them for free. Soon the crime rate in that area fell by 90% as addicts did not have to rob people and drug dealers went out of business so they moved out. Police had to deal with less shit and more money was spent on community projects. Clinic was later shut down under pressure from US.

    I think this is a way to go. You can get drugs whether they are lagal or not anyway. War on drugs has failed years ago.

  68. #39
    MrVentures's Avatar
    MrVentures is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    U.S.A!
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    251
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Pro
    Prohibition on marijuana has proven to be costly to the general public, unmanageable to the law level, and only making bad people rich. We have bigger drugs to regulate and a limited budget to do so. We need to use these resources to educate the general pubic and shut down the drugs that are crushing the US health care system. I won't even start about the new industries that will be created with legalization...

  69. #40
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzc View Post
    Would they come for more if it did not suit them (i.e. demand)?

    Demand means need. A product fills a need. Suppose I love drinks and I had never drank a Mohito. After I drink it for the first time, two things will happen:
    a) It will fill my drinking needs so I will drink more of it.
    b) It will not, so I will continue drinking Vodka.
    In both cases, there is my underlying need (demand) for booze.

    If I was interested to disprove my claim, I 'd take X years of statistics before the legalization and X after and compare averages. Then I 'd consider if the numbers can give me a strong indication regarding the argument. But it 's your quest for the truth

    You are debating my point. If it was somehow obviously wrong you would not need to look up statistics, so the burden is on you

    I 've taught Statistics in University level, so I 'm quite sure I can evaluate the methodology of any given paper.

    And here you going misusing statistics. The above is meaningless to the conversation unless you provide the percentage of crime (some correlation on volume) that is caused by Marijuana illegality.
    Demand does not mean need. How can you tell me I am wrong about what demand is if you don't even know the meaning of it yourself? Demand is desire. Desire can be created through addiction. Hard drugs cause physical and mental addiction. Have you ever had morphine? Morphine causes your body to want more morphine. Even if you know it is bad physically for you, you can't help but want more. You don't need it at all, but your body tells you that it wants more and more and can't get enough.

    I already told you I would do the research for you. I told you to tell me in which year Marijuana was Legalized in the Netherlands because I can not find any information easily online which tells me this. So, you tell me the Netherlands legalized Marijuana and that it hasn't had any negative effects on them, I ask you which year this happened so I can do the research for you. If you have taught statistics on a University level and you can evaluate any paper, I am not sure how you missed that simple question where I asked you what year this took place.

    How are the statistics I provided meaningless without posting which crimes were attributed to Marijuana? Wouldn't that prove my point even further? The Pro Marijuana side is the ones who claim that Crime will fall if Marijuana use is legalized. Have you ever seen a Pro Marijuana argument that showed any statistics of Crime falling with a breakdown of which crimes were Marijuana related? I have not.

    Your arguments are weak and falling apart here.

    I am providing actual statistics for my claims either through my own experiences or studies found online, you are just flat out refusing to. If you want people to back you up and vote for legalization, you are going to need to put further work into your research.

    Like I said, just give me a Year that Marijuana use/sale whatever was legalized, and I would be happy to show you the statistics that I think you are unaware of, or else you are just ignoring. But then again, after I show you them, you will just say "Well that can't be related to Marijuana legalization, its just a coincidence."

    Everything is a Coincidence when it makes Marijuana legalization look bad, but when it makes Marijuana legalization look positive, it is 100% directly attributable to the legalization. This is basically what you are saying to me.

    As I said, your guys arguments against this are weak and based entirely on assumption. Show me something I can't refute, because right now, nothing you have posted is going to sway people into voting for legalization.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  70. #41
    GreyWolf's Avatar
    GreyWolf is offline Executive VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sitting at my PC
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,817
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,079 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by sqhunter View Post
    Your oh so advanced and mature conclusions may not dawn in a teenagers mind. And that is why alcohol and MJ should stay restricted from kids the best possible way.
    Once your own kid gets addicted and retards from smoking dope you may consider you super-liberal opinions. Scientific evidence? thats never a proof everything can be manipulated, only depends whos paying for the research.
    That's a falacious argument. Ending prohibition does not mean giving uncontrolled access to everyone. That will never happen, it will always be a controlled substance whether it's prohibited or regulated.

    A teenager can get alcohol or marijuana today if they want. In either case it's illegal for them to do so, but typically it can be easier for them to get the weed than to get the booze. Ending the prohibition will most likely make it more difficult for teenagers to get marijuana than it is today. That's because regulation provides more control than prohibition.

    Also, Yes scientific evidence can be manipulated. That's why the scientific community requires tests that can be duplicated to see if the same results are achieved. The government controlled the research on marijuana for many years and restricted any unapproved research on it. In the last twenty years though there has been an increasing amount of research done outside the governments control.

    What they've found when trying to duplicate the governments results is that a lot of the governments tests and conclusions were flawed. That's the point of why the prohibition propaganda the government has been providing for years should be suspect. They have a self serving agenda, so you know they have a reason to skew the research.

    The independent medical researchers, university researchers, etc. all have less reason to do so. That doesn't mean their research will always be totally unbiased, it just means it's more likely to be than the research presented by the DOJ, DEA, or FDA. In those cases we know they're motivated by power and funding for their agencies.
    Last edited by GreyWolf; 11-14-2011 at 05:23 PM.

  71. The Following User Says Thank You to GreyWolf For This Useful Post:

    chowyoungfat (01-04-2012)

  72. #42
    Kickflip is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybh View Post
    I wish I could find the article... Some time back in the 70s there was a trial clinic created in UK. Was it in Brighton? I can't remember. Anyhow, it was a place where addicts could go to and get drugs safely administered to them for free. Soon the crime rate in that area fell by 90% as addicts did not have to rob people and drug dealers went out of business so they moved out. Police had to deal with less shit and more money was spent on community projects. Clinic was later shut down under pressure from US.

    I think this is a way to go. You can get drugs whether they are lagal or not anyway. War on drugs has failed years ago.
    These sites are set up for Addicts who will get their drugs in any way possible, and is not to be related to Marijuana use, since the Pro Marijuana users say that Marijuana is not addictive at all. It is for Addicts of drugs like Heroin where your body physically requires the drug to operate properly. The Pro Marijuana people want free use of Marijuana at their own discretion, that is the whole point of their argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVentures View Post
    Pro
    Prohibition on marijuana has proven to be costly to the general public, unmanageable to the law level, and only making bad people rich. We have bigger drugs to regulate and a limited budget to do so. We need to use these resources to educate the general pubic and shut down the drugs that are crushing the US health care system. I won't even start about the new industries that will be created with legalization...
    Can you say with any certainty that legalization and uncontrolled use of Marijuana will not eventually lead to higher costs to the general public? Why don't Marijuana users simply respect the law and not use it? Do Marijuana users not care about costing tax payers money and supporting Gangs and Dealers? Is their Drug more important to them?

    Also, when talking about economic impact, do you take into account that Legalization of Marijuana could possibly lead to people working less? A lot of the people who I know who smoke Marijuana on a regular basis do not have the same sense of urgency when it comes to employment and as such they are far less productive. Less productive employees means less taxes paid in.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  73. #43
    Nexusx2's Avatar
    Nexusx2 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 52 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    Pro: It would be available to anyone that needed it.
    Con: Medical clinics would be out of business causing the employment rate to go up.

    Vote no on any ballet for legalization. its just a trick

  74. The Following User Says Thank You to Nexusx2 For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-15-2011)

  75. #44
    Autumn's Avatar
    Autumn is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spamville
    Posts
    2,192
    Thanks
    655
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I think it should be legalized, regulated and taxed. Take the money out of the hands of the crims and cartels, and spend the billions of tax revenue that would be generated on something useful for society rather than this retarded war on drugs / prison industrial complex thing.

  76. The Following User Says Thank You to Autumn For This Useful Post:

    dating101 (11-15-2011)

  77. #45
    memyselfi's Avatar
    memyselfi is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 75 Times in 37 Posts

    Default Re: How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana?

    I feel awesome!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Submityoursitenow.com - feel free to submit your links here!
    By sfidirectory in forum BlackHat Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
  3. Anyone with a good rep feel like helping me out?
    By verilix in forum BlackHat Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 10:03 PM
  4. Why do noobs feel the need to give advice?
    By madoctopus in forum Black Hat SEO
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
  5. Image host! Feel free to use it!
    By HaRRo in forum BlackHat Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 02:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




BlackHatWorld on Twitter BlackHatWorld on FaceBook


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103