Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

 

Results 1 to 27 of 27
Is there any way I can see what domains 301 to a specific domain? Ex: ...
  1. #1
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Is there any way I can see what domains 301 to a specific domain?

    Ex:
    I have a www.yousuckatlife.com and then someone does a 301 redirect to my domain from www.minesucksmorethanyours.com
    What tool can I use to find that this www.minesucksmorethanyours.com domain is doing a redirect to me?




  2. #2
    blackmamba456 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    I'm not certain, but maybe you could do a google search for some exact text on your homepage.

    If the 301 domains are indexed (which I would doubt since they 301), maybe they'd come up in google too.

  3. #3
    Anubis1980's Avatar
    Anubis1980 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 80 Times in 50 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    i know one.but will tell only vips
    Last edited by Anubis1980; 01-20-2011 at 12:43 AM.

  4. #4
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmamba456 View Post
    I'm not certain, but maybe you could do a google search for some exact text on your homepage.

    If the 301 domains are indexed (which I would doubt since they 301), maybe they'd come up in google too.
    The 301 will only redirect the domain, it won't copy the site.

  5. #5
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis1980 View Post
    i know one.but will tell only vips
    Well, that doesn't help me, now doe sit :P

    Why did you even post then?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxps3wow For This Useful Post:

    redfan123 (04-06-2011)

  7. #6
    broker is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 40 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Xenu Link Sleuth does this. Do a search in g00gle to download the free software.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to broker For This Useful Post:

    xboxps3wow (01-20-2011)

  9. #7
    tacopalypse's Avatar
    tacopalypse is offline trollin black hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forumsblack hat forums
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    1,938
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 750 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    well here's a theoretical way to do it. would require some kinda bot to make it practical though.

    1. audit your sever logs and get a list of all the referers of every page visit.

    2. filter out all the referers which are from your own domain.

    3. scrape all links off of all the remaining referer pages.

    4. filter out the links that go to your site.

    5. follow all the remaining links and see if any of them go to your site.

  10. #8
    aReJay is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 225 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Hmmm, the response by tacopalypse will only work if you own the domain you are investigating (not all that useful).

    I can think of a couple of methods you could use, however they rely on you building any one of a number of scrapers/bots, and is therefor not all that practical for 99% of ppl and would only be an efficient use of resources if you had many domains you wanted to investigate.

    -aReJay

  11. #9
    Anubis1980's Avatar
    Anubis1980 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 80 Times in 50 Posts

    Default How to find 301 redirects to your site ?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxps3wow View Post
    Well, that doesn't help me, now doe sit :P

    Why did you even post then?

    My friend...It was a joke..sure i tell you and other guys again !

    First and very important:

    the search button is your friend!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HOW TO FIND 301 REDIRECTS TO YOUR SITE:

    301 redirects are called intermediate links in GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS..

    If there's a link to the user's site that links to URL1 which then redirects to URL2, the link from URL1 to URL2 is now shown as an intermediate link.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Its posted by me weeeeeeks ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by xboxps3wow View Post
    now doe sit :P
    No..You sit !

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anubis1980 For This Useful Post:

    xboxps3wow (01-20-2011)

  13. #10
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: How to find 301 redirects to your site ?

    Quote Originally Posted by broker View Post
    Xenu Link Sleuth does this. Do a search in g00gle to download the free software.
    Will check this out!
    Quote Originally Posted by aReJay View Post
    Hmmm, the response by tacopalypse will only work if you own the domain you are investigating (not all that useful).

    I can think of a couple of methods you could use, however they rely on you building any one of a number of scrapers/bots, and is therefor not all that practical for 99% of ppl and would only be an efficient use of resources if you had many domains you wanted to investigate.

    -aReJay
    Yeah, it would be great to see if someone redirects to my site, but it would be AMAZING to find out what domains redirect to other domains that I do not own
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis1980 View Post
    My friend...It was a joke..sure i tell you and other guys again !

    First and very important:

    the search button is your friend!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HOW TO FIND 301 REDIRECTS TO YOUR SITE:

    301 redirects are called intermediate links in GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS..

    If there's a link to the user's site that links to URL1 which then redirects to URL2, the link from URL1 to URL2 is now shown as an intermediate link.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Its posted by me weeeeeeks ago.




    No..You sit !
    Lol my bad, I didn't think of looking through your posts :P
    And this would work great for sites in my webmaster tools, but is there anything that would let me see domain redirects on sites I don't own?

    ---
    Thanks everyone for replying

  14. #11
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by broker View Post
    Xenu Link Sleuth does this. Do a search in g00gle to download the free software.
    I tried this and it seems that I would need to know the domain that redirects to 'my' domain.
    This is, however, a pretty cool tool to see broken links on your site

  15. #12
    pixelgrinder's Avatar
    pixelgrinder is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    where the money is
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 206 Times in 110 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Im pretty sure he is trying to investigate competetion and seeing if the current ranked sites are using any 301 redirects to boost SERPs. I would also be interested in a way to find other sites 301'ing

  16. #13
    Anubis1980's Avatar
    Anubis1980 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 80 Times in 50 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelgrinder View Post
    Im pretty sure he is trying to investigate competetion
    and seeing if the current ranked sites are using any 301 redirects to boost SERPs.
    I would also be interested in a way to find other sites 301'ing
    my method is unmatured..
    try to figure out by yourself dudes

  17. #14
    oinky222's Avatar
    oinky222 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 172 Times in 86 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    this is a very interesting question that I have been wondering for some time. if anybody knows a way to do this, please share

  18. #15
    pk_69's Avatar
    pk_69 is offline Jr. VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Interwebz
    Posts
    630
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 359 Times in 104 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    pretty match every backlink tool uses Yahoo site explorer. Don't bother checking them hoping to find more. Neither Yahoo not Google show 301 redirects ...

    Only tool I know that claims to collect 301 redirects is opensiteexplorer. org by Seomoz.
    But their index is way less then Y and G and you have to be paid member to view all links

    pk

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pk_69 For This Useful Post:

    xboxps3wow (01-21-2011)

  20. #16
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by pk_69 View Post
    pretty match every backlink tool uses Yahoo site explorer. Don't bother checking them hoping to find more. Neither Yahoo not Google show 301 redirects ...

    Only tool I know that claims to collect 301 redirects is opensiteexplorer. org by Seomoz.
    But their index is way less then Y and G and you have to be paid member to view all links

    pk
    Damn, looks like they want 100 bucks a month.. not worth it to me

  21. #17
    cooldude7's Avatar
    cooldude7 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 262 Times in 37 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    google for check site header.

  22. #18
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude7 View Post
    google for check site header.
    That only works if I know the redirected site... I want to find out what domain is redirecting

  23. #19
    broker is offline Banned - see signature
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 40 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxps3wow View Post
    I tried this and it seems that I would need to know the domain that redirects to 'my' domain.
    This is, however, a pretty cool tool to see broken links on your site
    No. I just ran xenu link sleuth, opened the report, clicked redirects and it shows the sites that redirect to the site you analyze. You can use this on sites you do not own.
    This member has been permanently banned from BHW.

  24. #20
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by broker View Post
    No. I just ran xenu link sleuth, opened the report, clicked redirects and it shows the sites that redirect to the site you analyze. You can use this on sites you do not own.
    I just ran it on a domain that I know has a domain redirecting to it and nothing about 301 shows up.. the domain is not even mentioned.

  25. #21
    elfleader is offline Newbies
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    search is your friend..

  26. #22
    oinky222's Avatar
    oinky222 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 172 Times in 86 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    search is your friend.
    Thanks for the helpful insight. This wasn't a noob question that has been answered millions of times before, this was a legitimate query that is not often discussed and a lot of inquiring minds would like to know the answer to

    If you do happen to know the answer to it, please share it with us

  27. #23
    cooldude7's Avatar
    cooldude7 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 262 Times in 37 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxps3wow View Post
    That only works if I know the redirected site... I want to find out what domain is redirecting
    go to alexa site info, enter ur site, now check tab clickstream, ull know whoose sending u traffic and where is ur traffic going after leaving ur website.

  28. #24
    Anubis1980's Avatar
    Anubis1980 is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 80 Times in 50 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxps3wow View Post
    I just ran it on a domain that I know has a domain redirecting to it and nothing about 301 shows up.. the domain is not even mentioned.
    I will post now 1 simnple , quick method , how to find juicers at blackhattools.
    It will be a addon request for SB.

  29. #25
    xboxps3wow's Avatar
    xboxps3wow is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 242 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude7 View Post
    go to alexa site info, enter ur site, now check tab clickstream, ull know whoose sending u traffic and where is ur traffic going after leaving ur website.
    The domain can be redirected for other reason, not only to redirect traffic, but thanks for contributing.

  30. #26
    seolease is offline Newbies
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    The Alexa trick didn't work for my situation, so still wondering if finding those 301's is possible.

  31. #27
    businessbira's Avatar
    businessbira is offline Power Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 301 Times in 121 Posts

    Default Re: Any Way To Find 301 Redirects To A Site?

    301 redirects shows up as backlinks on Yahoo Site Explorer.

    I'm 100% sure of that cause I tried to do a 301 redirect to a site of mine and it showed up.


Similar Threads

  1. 301 redirects on Old domains and Link Juice.
    By ┼blackrat┼ in forum Black Hat SEO
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 07:17 AM
  2. How to find out if a site offers ******** links?
    By wmfree in forum White Hat SEO
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
  3. Increase Google Rank with 301 Redirects
    By cyberzilla in forum Black Hat SEO
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 06:51 AM
  4. How to find out what plugins a wp site uses?
    By Shifty in forum Blogging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 04:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




BlackHatWorld on Twitter BlackHatWorld on FaceBook


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108